RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous post I stated that my RR was due for a rebuild. Well it wouldn't hurt, but I got her running smooth again. After thinking about it, I realized that a couple years back I bought some aftermarket 7mm spark plugs, instead of shelling out 2x as much for the OEM ones. They worked fine, up until now. I decided to simply swap them out with the old OEM ones that I kept (yeah I'm a pack rat), but as I pulled them off the rover, something very odd was occurring. The outer spark plugs 2, 8 and 1,5 seemed fine, everything was nice and clean. The inner spark plug wires 4,6 and 1,7 were very difficult to get off. Turns out there was corrosion that was sticking the spark plug to the lead, one was so bad that I couldn't get it off and the below picture was the result. It was really strange... I have no idea what could have caused this. There was no corrosion on the previous set of spark plugs either. Needless to say she is running much better now. My question, what would have caused this? Its bizarre :-?.

2012-02-19 16.32.43.jpg
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,834 Posts
WOW! THere a good reason I alwasy give my boots a shot of lithium grease prior to installation.
 

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
Joined
·
9,248 Posts
What Carl said. Lithium grease etc, is there to stop that from happening.

Martin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give them all a shot of the stuff tomorrow. Still puzzles me that it only occurred on the 2 middle ones of either side though...
 

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
stuff happens. use the dielectric grease on them, it won't happen again.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top