RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... came out of nowhere and hit my car while I was wheeling with my local Land Rover club yesterday! Sorry about the crappy pics, sunsets are great for photos, except photos of rock sliders on dusty cars. Yes, that's a chunky steel tube that got dented, quite noticeably. I am pretty proud of it... I got tons of scratches on them before, but never quite managed this. Hey, that's what I bought them for! The front tire slipped off a foot-high rock ledge as I was negotiating the narrows in nearby Goler Gulch and Thud! They must have heard the hit from two canyons away. I can't imagine what my front passenger door and frame might look like today were it not for my trusty sliders. Thank you Rover Specialties!

Between running out of gas on the freeway the other day and this yesterday, I have had better weeks with my Sport. :lol:

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
Awesome pics UB!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
The front tire slipped off a foot-high rock ledge as I was negotiating the narrows in nearby Goler Gulch and Thud! They must have heard the hit from two canyons away.
:think:

That scratch/dent looks very similar to the type of damage that could be caused by a parking bollard at a Babies 'R Us parking lot. Dust could be from fire ash. I dunno. :D

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
holy smokes!

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Holy Crap Batman! I looked pretty close at your sliders while at John's and thought they were pretty beefy compared with others I have seen. That must have been a heck of a drop. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Awesome pics UB!
+1, Would have loved to see it happen! Your slider's strength has been comprimised, you'll need to order some new ones.

Anyone know Umberto's address?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TripleE said:
Your slider's strength has been comprimised, you'll need to order some new ones.
I'll buy some extra strength can of black spray paint instead.

I sure hope Land Rover didn't change anything down there on the 2010s, as I would definitely take these sliders with me when I get a new Sport.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Nathan, I'll pose for you any time! :lol: I thought it was just before that, but maybe I got the timing wrong... I don't see any scars on my sliders yet there, although the tire may be hiding them. It definitely happened in that gnarly stretch of the gulch, anyway. I had a great time, loved to watch the evolutions of your built Jeep. Hope we can go out again real soon.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
umbertob said:
Thanks Nathan, I'll pose for you any time!
Oh my...Land Rover love!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Photo op eh? :wink: b, do you have roof rails?

Nice pics nwoods, do you still have the disco?

·
Registered
136 Posts
:crybaby2: i can only imagine what went through your mind when you heard that horrible thud. the other day i clipped my mirror right off as an invisible branch hit it so hard i felt like crying! i've since fixed it but it was like watching your baby boy fall and get cut.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts