RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2019 RRS. First time RR buyer. How do I get my ambient light settings to stay? I hate them and I keep turning them off but everytime I get back in the car, bam they are back on. I'm going nuts. Anyone have advice for me?

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
have you read the owners manual on how to turn them off? they are configured through the "extra features" menu. exterior lights must be turned on too make changes to the ambient lighting settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I found where to turn them off. However, everytime that I turn the car off, and then back on the lights come back on. I'd like to avoid having to spend 10-15 seconds everytime I get in my car to turn off lights that I would like to stay off. I can't figure out how to get the car to "remember" that I turned them off last time.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Well take advantage of your warranty and take it back to the dealer... or use Stealth mode.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
I have a similar problem but it has to do with holding the color setting. 80% of the time the ambient lighting reverts back to white regardless of the color that I actually chose. Car is currently at the dealer to address that among other things.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a similar problem but it has to do with holding the color setting. 80% of the time the ambient lighting reverts back to white regardless of the color that I actually chose. Car is currently at the dealer to address that among other things.
This issue has surfaced recently for me as well; I believe it came about (for me) when I had my softaware updated to Phase 4-point-something.

·
Registered
235 Posts
had the new software update 4.2 last week and now my ambient lighting won't stay. Also lower screen is inconsistent as to what turns on when the car is started up. lastly the reverse camera musfuncrtions -

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me too, every 2 or 3 days ambient lighting turns back to white.
Same issue here, really annoying. I'm so glad I paid all this money for this vehicle that can't even remember my ambient light settings, amongst other issues ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
One of many quirks for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was just informed today that a software update is now available to correct the ambient lighting issue.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
I was just informed today that a software update is now available to correct the ambient lighting issue.
If you have it done, please report back the software version and if it corrected the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dropped my truck off this am. I asked for them to apply the 18D update in part to address the ambient lighting issue. They were reluctant to apply the "whole 18D" update. They said they've had 50%/50% success with Bluetooth and rather they wanted to know if there were specific issues I wanted addressed. They said they can apply the ambient lighting fix separately from the the entire update. I should get the truck back today and will report back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dropped my truck off this am. I asked for them to apply the 18D update in part to address the ambient lighting issue. They were reluctant to apply the "whole 18D" update. They said they've had 50%/50% success with Bluetooth and rather they wanted to know if there were specific issues I wanted addressed. They said they can apply the ambient lighting fix separately from the the entire update. I should get the truck back today and will report back.
I would find that unacceptable. I’m sure you have more software glitches you can tell them, like ACP not working after a remote start, or a choppy reverse camera or a some features not available like Live or mobile data, the list goes on. Tell them you want the whole update or you’ll take it to another dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had the entire 18D update applied. Ambient lighting appears to be working (holds it memory between starts). Have only had it for about 5 hours, but gone through about 5 restarts and it kept the color as well as the brightness. No bluetooth issues and overall both screens seem to work well. Boot time is maybe slightly better and responsiveness is slightly improved.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
abokor is dead on, the 18D update covers more than ICE and dual screen issues. If your dealer is not offering it to you, make a point to ask for it on a scheduled visit... free of charge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey everyone, I got 18D installed yesterday and it looks like they made some updates. Even the graphics are new!! :thumb:
Time will tell if it will fix all of our issues.
IMG_3748.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts