RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
There are lots of times AM is needed out on the road. Pass conditions, accident updates, tunnel and ferry updates and even some of the more "mello" stations are on AM. :wink: I sure wish my AM worked! When the AM did work in my rig I extended the aerial on my P38 by adding an 8 foot length of wire the the spade connector where the glass connected to the aerial amplifier. It made a HUGE difference. I am not sure if that would work in an L322, in fact I haven't even look at the wiring schematics, but it might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the main reason for AM for me is 101 wins for traffic, and Sports game broadcast (jets, giants, yakess...etc)

is their an alternative? would XM be better ( is it available to add?)

mello

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
You can certainly add XM or Sirius, but that will give you another box of buttons to have to look at and wire.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was just giving you a hard time for the AM quote... There isn't anyway to improve the signal. I have a established automotive shop in Auburn,WA and I run into this problem frequently. I would suggest going the XM or Sirius route. If you want to be simple just buy an RF Satellite radio unit and have it installed. Should run you under $200 for a nice one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts