RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm currently getting a few customization done to my car and I'm curious if they will compromise the warranty. I am installing a custom built exhaust system, aftermarket cold air intake and also the one I'm worried about most Angel eye Halo's. Will these upgrades give my dealership reason not to cover future problems with my vehicle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umbertob said:
If they can blame your mods to directly cause any future problems you may have (and they may try hard), they can deny warranty coverage. Otherwise, they can't.
do any of these modifications cause problems with the vehicles electrical systems or mechanical? because I just purchased extended warranty and I still have about 35 000km left on it!! I don't want to flush it all down the drain for a few upgrades...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Anything goes wrong with the motor and you're going to have a hard time showing the intake and exhaust didn't contribute to it in any way. Big risk for a few hp and a louder exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rogan said:
Anything goes wrong with the motor and you're going to have a hard time showing the intake and exhaust didn't contribute to it in any way. Big risk for a few hp and a louder exhaust.

oh man, im screwed....
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
Save your $$ and ditch the hot air intake. Worthless piece of garbage that will suck more dirt into the engine.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
4,459 Posts
Agreed...air intake may not make much difference, however the aftermarket exhaust has never created any issues for me on warranty...so I wouldn't be concerned on that at all as long as it's a reputable brand...Overfinch, Borla etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Agreed...air intake may not make much difference, however the aftermarket exhaust has never created any issues for me on warranty...so I wouldn't be concerned on that at all as long as it's a reputable brand...Overfinch, Borla etc.
or just cut #7 to retain stock appearance of exhaust from the outside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I purchased a cold-air intake from Mina Gallery, and I have to admit it made a noticable difference on my 2009 HSE. The way the air intake snakes through the fender from the side vent significantly restricts the air flow, so every bit helps in my opinion. I ran them on two Chevy Z-71s for 8 years with no problems.
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
cmcneill17 said:
I purchased a cold-air intake from Mina Gallery, and I have to admit it made a noticable difference on my 2009 HSE. The way the air intake snakes through the fender from the side vent significantly restricts the air flow, so every bit helps in my opinion. I ran them on two Chevy Z-71s for 8 years with no problems.
So you dynoed it before and after? or just took the mfgr's word that your hot air intake added X horsepower because it sounds louder?

Add to that, all the extra dirt a K&N filter pulls in if you do any offroading at all, and you've wasted your $$.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,794 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
cmcneill17 said:
I purchased a cold-air intake from Mina Gallery, and I have to admit it made a noticable difference on my 2009 HSE. The way the air intake snakes through the fender from the side vent significantly restricts the air flow, so every bit helps in my opinion. I ran them on two Chevy Z-71s for 8 years with no problems.
So you dynoed it before and after? or just took the mfgr's word that your hot air intake added X horsepower because it sounds louder?

Add to that, all the extra dirt a K&N filter pulls in if you do any offroading at all, and you've wasted your $$.
I love when folks get around to beating this dead horse every few months. Now I only own a lowly P38 with special edition high compression engine. I actually did a full dyno test with factory air filter, no air filter and K&N. I even did a round with and without the rear silencer. I just laugh at all the die hards that swear by their butt dynos get their hackles up and knockers knotted over how great K&N products are. I just smile at the ease of chaning my old fashioned paper filter and that my rig stays original and that K&N is jsut a bunch of marketing hooey for folks that need a little "extra something" under the hood.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
I say, do what I do, a couple of tablespoons full of sugar to every full tank of gas.
Bitch aint gonna make it to 20K without a rebuild if I have anything to say about it.

Old School G
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top