Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've developed a mild obsession/excitement for the arrival of the Velar, I've managed to read through the details of the entire brochure available online.

Based on the info there, 2-zone climate control in standard on all Velar unless you opt for the Climate Package that includes a lockable cooled glove box and cabin air ionization. The Climate package has an asterisk that refers to a footnote: "not available on First Edition"

I realize stuff like this often have typos, so I hope it's just a mistake or I'm just reading it wrong... because it would be almost inexcusable for a $90k car to not have 4-zone climate control even available as an option.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I simply can not see folks are so obsessed with blaming a sticker price on something not being available. Dear lourde, this is the very beginning of a new model that hasn;t even hit the lots yet. Go back and look at the first few years of Range Rover and compare them to the first year of P38s. THere are lots of things a 95 Classic had that the 95 P38 did not. It's been the same with each model and even in generational changes. Each new model has to be introduced and work it's unique bugs out and then start it's own progression. Besides, why the heck do you need 4 zone climate control in something only slightly larger than a bread box and smaller than a foot stool. There is nothing "inexcusable" about any option not being on a new rig that we don;t even know if it is going to sell or not. Would you rather they load up the Velar with all sorts of tech and fitments that are untested in the real world and have it be another flop like the Freelander? Doesn;t it make more sense to test the waters and move into a market segment slowly?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
997 Posts
If you ordered a 2013 L405 with 4-zone climate the rear passengers lost their roof grab handles - this was resolved for MY14.

The ever present "a car this expensive should have blah blah" just makes these discussions boring.

If it bothers you that much wait a year

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Heck I still remember my family's first Range Rover. It was loud, obnoxious and ungodly expensive compared to the Scout hunting rig dad had bought the year before. The dang thing was gutless and didn;t even have carpet. It did however have a smashing spectacular AM single speaker surround sound system. I say surround sound because if you perched your coffee on the dash speaker it surrounded the coffee with sound. Range Rover has come along way and yes you can even say it lost it's roots. However you look at it RR has NEVER been cutting edge with anything in tech nor do they need to be. You purchase any car for what it has available at the time you sign the papers. You don;t buy a car based on assumptions because some other make has some golly gee whiz bang thing or something $20K less has something else. If you want a Range Rover buy one and enjoy it, but don;t sour your experience with moaning about how you are getting gypped over something because a higher up model has it and the one you are writing the check for doesn;t. All that does is lead to buyer's remorse and regrets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts