RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, im wondering if anyone knows if my 2012 L322 SC had a rear window lower seal or scraper in addition to the two side seals, or is it just siliconed on? I think my glass was taken off at one point and I'm wondering if that seal was just never put back on, or as I've been noticing many new SUVs don't have lower seals where the glass meets the body panel. The dealer didn't know and couldn't find a part number. The other issue is that it's not lined up leaving a large gap along the body pillar and rear cargo glass horizontal seals. The rear glass seals on the sides are rusted and coming loose. The dealer said the glass would need to be removed to replace these two seals, however, I can remove them by hand. Can new ones be replaced by hand no glass removal? they seem to just slide on. I'm going to have to have the glass removed as a new seal won't correct the large gap due to glass not properly installed. Is this a mfg defect? Anyone hear they had mis-aligned rear glass? Dealer said glass co will have to do it. Are there glass co that know how to remove all the Rover interior trim, rear wiper etc? Thx for any information.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
Pull up some photos and see if there is trim there. I know on models with a rubber trim strip at the base of the tailgate glass alot of folks remove it for cleaner look.

Yes the tail gate glass is sealed between frame and glass.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 1st question answered, seems as though 2012s didn't have the lower glass trim piece. In regards to my other seal question, I've come across ppl saying yes they just removed the side window rubber trim seals as they just pull off. And once they corroded they didn't replace them. Thoughts on just leaving the side ones off as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts