RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what materials are used in the body panels of our L494's? A search couldn't quite find the answer.

Reason I ask - I had a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy refuse to get out a ding on the leading edge of my hood. (the best PDR guy in San Francisco, recommended by the LR dealership). He said not possible, oh well :(. I thought it was dumb because it's a very small ding, he said the entire car is aluminum.

Asking this more out of curiosity -- what is aluminum, what is steel, what is fiberglass? Interestingly, he also said that the tailgate on these vehicles is fiberglass. (Is that true!!!!!)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a dent in my passenger front door removed by a paintless dent removal guy. He charged $80 instead of $60 because its aluminum. Turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
Anyone know what materials are used in the body panels of our L494's? A search couldn't quite find the answer.

Reason I ask - I had a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy refuse to get out a ding on the leading edge of my hood. (the best PDR guy in San Francisco, recommended by the LR dealership). He said not possible, oh well :(. I thought it was dumb because it's a very small ding, he said the entire car is aluminum.

Asking this more out of curiosity -- what is aluminum, what is steel, what is fiberglass? Interestingly, he also said that the tailgate on these vehicles is fiberglass. (Is that true!!!!!)
I can confirm the tailgate is fiberglass. I was hit there in my last one and it cracked instead of dented.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Reason I ask - I had a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy refuse to get out a ding on the leading edge of my hood. He said not possible, oh well :(.
You confusing production material in his refusal with the fact that the leading edge of the hood is double layered and he has no access to the rear of the damage to do their usual flawless work with terrific results.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
He was close! It’s actually Thermoset plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts