RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the battery last week; no issues or problems with any operations post-replacement.

This morning, pulled out of the garage, went three feet and the truck's engine shut-off. Was like the key is in the position right before you turn it over to start the truck. There were/are no fault codes, all the lights on the dash came on so probably not the battery.

I'm thinking possibly the alternator? Symptom of? Or perhaps this is merely a quirk, a gremlin saying hello?

G

·
0 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad alternator. That would throw up all sorts of codes and false error messages (potentially). Are you sure all of the connections were made nice and tight when the battery was changed? Is it locked down or can it shift around? What battery did you replace it with?

Sounds like you momentarily lost continuity (connection) to your battery causing the truck to stall.

Check all your earthing points to make sure they are clean and tight.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That would throw up all sorts of codes and false error messages (potentially).
IIRC correctly, mine simply popped up the battery symbol, nothing else. The old P38 would pop up "alternator fault" on the dash, but the L322 said nothing other than put the battery light on.

G

·
0 Posts
I come from P38 stock also, where battery issues would give erroneous Gearbox fault messages. I thinkk it's similar in the L322, but I'm not sure (hence the potentially)

I think I need to start adding "I'm not amechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once" :dance:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
sounds like a bad ground, make sure the battery is locked down tight, the wires are secure, and the ground wire is fit snug to the body, do the same for the positive jumping box on the inside of the engine bay. If it's not all secure it will short resulting in something similar to what you experienced. Worth a shot to double check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts