RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've read through all the posts regarding flushing the coolant from my 03 and I'm hoping this will be a simple yes/no answer.

I know i'm supposed to remove the drain plug from the block to flush however as many of you know this is a b!tch to remove when you don't have a lift. Needless to say i have soundly rounded the edges of the bolt and I cannot get it to budge.

Therefore as a plan B i was thinking could I just open the radiator bleed valve (or remove the bottom rad hose), let that drain and then push water through the expansion tank. In my mind all the coolant left in the block will eventually make its way out of radiator after the engine has been running for a while albeit at a slower rate right?

I'm am loathed to take it to a shop just so they can point and laugh at my incompetence.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why don't you just remove the burred block plug with vice-grips and replace it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no room to securely grip the head and apply enough pressure with grips.

I've tried many many different ways to remove the bolt, all have resulted in further damage to the head which is why i want to flush through rad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts