RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any idea if this will effect the dual view, where the person on the left can see a different screen to the person on the right? Mine currently has that option fitted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Any idea if this will effect the dual view, where the person on the left can see a different screen to the person on the right? Mine currently has that option fitted.

I'm told this ( and all original functions ) still function, when you order a screen you have to pick if it's Dual View or not

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
BigladUK, it seems that there are different companies making these screens. That actually makes me a little concerned about the quality of the parts used. The screen in the video with the install in the L405 appears to have metal around the face of the screen. However, I've emailed Shenzhen Canavie and they sent me photos of a screen that appears to have plastic around the face of the screen. I also noticed that the price on the website in Canada is $1550 but the Shenzhen Canavie price is only $999...that's quoted from an email they sent me. I'm going to continue researching this before I make a purchase.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’m not sure if there are different manufacturers / suppliers either, the only reason I won’t have thought there were is it doesn’t seem a massive market so why would there be so many people making them

I guess when my kit arrives we’ll know exactly what this kits has and what it looks like

The mental frame shown on the video must be included in the kit ( the kit pictures I’ve received also don’t show the plastic frame that needs to be changed but I’m assured this is in the kit )

Si

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Actually I’ve just rechecked the photos I was sent and they can’t actually be the correct pictures for our cars as the plastic trim doesn’t have the holes in the right places, I assume these are just stock images

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
Actually I’ve just rechecked the photos I was sent and they can’t actually be the correct pictures for our cars as the plastic trim doesn’t have the holes in the right places, I assume these are just stock images

Si
Yes, I was thinking those must be the stock images as well but I asked them (Shenzhen Canavie) to send me photos of the exact parts that I would be getting for the L405 Range Rover...it seems like the photos they sent might be for the Evoque or something else. I just want to be sure what I'm getting before I commit to anything because I don't want to deal with the trouble of returning it if something is not right.

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That should be the same as mine ( but who knows lol )

The pictures on that link show a metal frame on the front.

Fingers crossed

Mine shipped today so I guess it should arrive in few weeks although perversely I’ll in California lol

Si

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OK guys, I decided to take a chance on this 10.25" screen. I ordered from this website...

https://www.canavie.com/1025-android-car-multimedia-stereo-dvd-gps-navigation-range-rover-hse-sport-vogue-2013-2014-2015-2016-p1577647.html

I will be sure to update when I receive it.
W84IT

Has your unit shipped yet ? Mine was supposed to have shipped on Friday but today I was told it's delayed

This is what I was told

I was about to tell that there was some some changes with range rover series.
The factory told us last weekend.
So the shipping is a little delayed.

and when asked what updates I was told

it is the boards upgrading.
functions will not be changed
and the system will perform better.

it's a lottery as I've really no clue what the system specs will be or that the package will contain

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
BigladUK,

I just received an email today that my order is being processed. I emailed them back and asked if they could include the Apple CarPlay dongle for free and they countered with $40 for the CarPlay dongle so I accepted. I agree that it's a lottery but I really like the 10.25" infotainment screen in the 2017 L405's and this is the best option that I've found available for my 2013 L405. I will be satisfied as long as this new system performs a little better than the factory system.

·
Registered
537 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhG15NJ2xmc

I really like how these guys make the installation videos...I've learned a lot from watching their videos. However, I'm confident that I can do a better job with the install...haha!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh that’s good they’ve bought a unit like us

Just watching their install now, I suspect they should have watched a few of the videos I’ve posted lol

I assume the kit is the same as we have bought so nice to see the in boxing

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh that’s good they’ve bought a unit like us

Just watching their install now, I suspect they should have watched a few of the videos I’ve posted lol

I assume the kit is the same as we have bought so nice to see the in boxing

Si
If you watch to the end of the video, you will see that they either ordered the wrong kit or they were sent the wrong kit by the supplier...that kit was for the L494. I think you have to be very specific on which Range Rover and what year build you have when you order from them. I also sent them photos of my screen with and without the trim panel on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeap watched it all through, TBF if they had watched any of the install videos I've found they would have a done a much better job but didn't do too bad for "winging it"

I noticed the unit they bought was from MerryWay which was also mentioned on the last chinese installl video I mention, I wonder if Merryway are the manufactorer and the poeple we have bought from are a reseller.

Yeah getting the right model is important, also, i was asked if I had dual view or not but this video shows this is a setting on the dipswtiches......

So many questions, shame we don't have all the answers

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can't wait to experiment with this new unit...I had some experience working in aftermarket car audio installation when I was much younger so this is going to be fun!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I wouldn't hold your breath for delivery, I've been waiting 2 weeks now for it to ship and my guy ( you dealing with Andy ? ) said that if it doesn't ship today they are shut down for 4 days for labor day

Oh the plus side he told me that the delay has been caused by the introduction of 4g to the board which sounds good as I'm not sure I'd even need carplay if I had Waze and Apple Music on the base Android system

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes, the sales person that I'm dealing with through email is Andy. I was told that they have 4 days off for labor day and I should receive my unit by next weekend. He didn't mention anything to me regarding the 4g upgrade but that's good to know! I think it's possible that they will have even more updates/improvements for this unit in the future but I hope we're getting the best they have for now. The more I think about it, I'm not sure if I will even use Apple CarPlay that much but it's good to have that option. The AirPlay/Mirror function will do just fine for me as I have the Google Maps App on my iPhone and I also have Pandora Premium App for music.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I’m having the same thought, we only really use Apple Music and Waze which are both Android apps so if it has 4g this would mean it could be used totally independent of any phone

I guess we shall see

If your unit arrived by next weekend that would be cool, don’t suppose your close to Palm Springs as that’s where I will be 👍🏻

Si

·
Registered
537 Posts
I’m having the same thought, we only really use Apple Music and Waze which are both Android apps so if it has 4g this would mean it could be used totally independent of any phone

I guess we shall see

If your unit arrived by next weekend that would be cool, don’t suppose your close to Palm Springs as that’s where I will be 👍🏻

Si

I'm actually about 17 miles outside of Palm Springs. It would be cool to meet you in person and maybe you will get to check out my new screen if I get it by the time you arrive.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
17 Participants
paaka937
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing