Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Alpine AMR6284 in my car, which has separate door amplifiers and the usual factory sub in the back.

I'm trying to work out why the sub isn't working - I've tried another known working subwoofer unit, and there is constant and switched power and ground etc and the connector. I've also had another door amplifier and speaker connected to the outputs at the back of the head unit with no response - leading me to believe the head unit is at fault.

Reading through the only manual I can find for the Alpine, I'm lead to believe there should be a 'SUB WFR' option in the sound settings - I don't have this. I have bass, treble, balance and fade etc, but not this mythical subwoofer control. The manual suggests it is optional, like DSP.

Is this something that needs enabling? When I hold the 'i' button and CD, I get 'Set-up', but the only preset that reacts to that is 2, which gives me the PTY31 on/off option.

To throw a spanner in the works, I found a previous owner had broken one of the retaining clips off and it had dropped into the unit. The control illumination seems to be dead, and the controls themselves were at times unresponsive until I got this clip out. Otherwise, everything works - but I'm not ruling out the clip having done other damage internally.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:(

Nobody has this 'SUB WFR' control?

Is the AMR6284 interchangeable with XQD101550LNF? I can't find any differences, but there seem to be quite a few models.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Only thing I could find in RAVE was this...
audio.JPG

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the page I found in the manual too.

I don't have that option :( Just been out and disconnected power from the head unit to reset it, but still nothing there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Decided to ditch the Alpine and have a Pioneer MVH-X560BT and PAC SWI-RC on the way.

A replacement Alpine would cost me as much, and it just isn't worth it. Already made up Ray Ambler's attenuators for the old P38, so they're currently spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts