RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
My CD changer is not working. Display - NO Disc. Any resource to purchase a replacement for a 2001?
Any suggestions on troubleshooting, besides a good cleaning and trying different CDs before I buy a replacement?
Thanks
(Los Angeles, CA)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 4 Alpine cd magazines and this issue comes up now and then when changing magazines or when turning on the stereo for the first time. Take the magazine out of the changer, remove the cd trays one by one and carefully replace them in the magazine, then insert the magazine in the cd changer. Make sure all the trays and the magazine are pointing in the right direction, they each have arrows pointing "IN".

When you insert the magazine leave the sliding door open and watch the changer load the discs one after another to verify they are correct, if power is on the system should start playing disc one track one if everything is ok. If one of the trays is incorrectly loaded in the magazine it could jam in the player, try the eject button and wiggle the magazine to free it.

Also try this with a different magazine and cds if you have one for comparison. Spare magazines can be found at reasonable prices on eBay, CD changers can also be found there but are hit or miss on availability. If you buy a changer make sure its an Alpine from the later models (99=>?) and not an earlier Clarion unit.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Unfortunately, this is a very common problem and buying another second-hand unit is probably not gonna get rid of the problem. You're going to have the same problem sooner or later w/ the new unit.

I've encountered this problem countless times, so it's almost second nature to me now, but the remedy is a good thorough cleaning of your cd changer. You need to take the thing apart pretty much, and just give it a goog cleaning. If you do so, it won't prompt you w/ no disc error for a year, if you're lucky. When you do take the thing apart, do be careful not to lose any of the small springs that's gonna pop out of the unit.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,433 Posts
I fitted a new Alpine CD changer to my original OEM (Alpine made) head unit. The changer was model that played MP3's.
It proved incompatible and only worked intermittently with a lot of the features not working.
I ended up buying a new Alpine head unit. As long as it is all Alpine Ai-NET it should all hang together and talk to each other.

If you want a cheap solution I have used a plug in MP3 player which transmits stereo to the radio on FM band.
Sounds just as good to be honest. Technology has moved on. I can also get my entire record collection on one SD card.

Dave
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts