Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the Big Island of Hawaii and have a 2006 Range Rover Sport that I've owned for many years. I've surfed a number of threads dealing with replacement keys, and am interested in more knowledge on this subject since there is no Land Rover Dealership on this island. Thanks for reading this. I'll be chiming in later when I'm allowed to ask questions! Robert

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover Sport
1,207 Posts
Aloha Robert. You can post in the L320 forum about this, but it's pretty straight forward. Electronics-wise all you need is the little board inside your current key to transplant into the new case. There's nothing special about the key blade. You can have it cut at your favorite place for keys. Replacement cases with blank blades can be found on eBay or Amazon and I've purchased from both. First set I bought from an eBay seller from China was a direct swap - meaning all I had to do was move over the board and blade. More recently I bought one from Amazon that I like better in that it has a screw that holds the case together as opposed to having to glue it shut. I didn't bother gluing shut any of my replacement cases and it gets kinda annoying because the car wash valets always seem to bust the case open. However, I could not swap over an original blade and properly close the new case. I could have shaved it down to fit, but I wanted to confirm I could have the blank blade cut. There are YouTube videos on how to open and what to swap over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts