RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my plates and when i went to mount the front one..... there's no mounting plate that i can see. not even holes! what gives? does it go below the bumper in some secret slot? or is this another several hundred dollar part that i will need with a lengthy annoying installation, haha.... thanks!

- E

·
Registered
141 Posts
Re: ALL YOU GUYS IN THE STATES - WHERE DOES THE FRONT PLATE GO?

Yes there is a mount that screws into the front bumber. Not too expensive I think it was around $50.00 from the dealer, still that to much for what you get
Takes 5 mins to instal.

·
Registered
952 Posts

I don't have a front plate on either of mine. Come to think of it I haven't had a front plate on any of my cars in California, ever, and never had a problem. Sure you want to put one on? Looks better without.

·
Registered
141 Posts

remington said:
I don't have a front plate on either of mine. Come to think of it I haven't had a front plate on any of my cars in California, ever, and never had a problem. Sure you want to put one on? Looks better without.
I agree it definitely looks better without the front plate.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

remington said:
No worries, a couple of "Fix It" tickets later and you will be drilling in that plate, too... Those lovely traffic cameras that are seemingly popping up at every intersection in Southern California wouldn't be nearly as effective without a front license plate to photograph, so local traffic and parking enforcement agencies are really starting to crack down.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts

You know, I haven't had any plat on the front of any of my vehicles for the pat 20+ years (Calif). Yes you can get at ticket for it, and during these poor economic times. The local/CHP have been out trying to raise revenues by looking for he minor violations to tag you.

Watch I'll get tag today.

umbertob, your example of abusive use if traffic cameras is proof. But want about Motorcycles. See what I mean...

Now if the state (Calif) was as GREEN as they say they are, buy only requiring one plate would reduce the carbon foot print for producing license plats by 50%....

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

You could contact Swift Motorsports and have them make you a "Sho n Go" plate kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeBRYG3qaE

Otherwise, you have to drill 4 big holes in the bumper. Whereever I lived in the country, (Ca, Maine), I always kept my PA registration, so I wouldn't have to run a front plate.

·
Registered
126 Posts

in the garage .. right next to the drill bits..

One good cop friend > front plate fix it tickets..

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

Come to think of it, every car I have purchased in California so far - not many, and including my RRS - have been delivered to me with ugly front license plate holder and ghastly dealer vanity plate already in place... On my old Volvo, the front license plate was stolen. About two weeks later I got a ticket while parked somewhere in Long Beach. No cop friends. :cry: Maybe I'm just unlucky.

OT: Regarding those traffic cameras, they have got to be a goldmine. One of our company van was recently pinched making a permitted right turn at a red light without coming at a full and complete stop first, Beverly @ Wilshire in Beverly Hills. $380! They came right off his paycheck... The ticket arrived with decent quality front and rear vehicle pictures (fortunately it's a company van so we did not have to identify the driver when paying the fine), and a link to a web site that shows you a great quality video of the infraction, in slow-mo. They've come a long way since those blurry shots that would jeopardize marriages a few years back! I figured during rush hour at that intersection alone they must catch at least a dozen cars an hour committing the same violation, do the math... :shock:

·
Registered
126 Posts

I read somewhere that paying trafiic tickets from cameras is loosley defined..
I know when I drove out to Texas I got one in New Mexico and my attorney friend told me to throw it away as there is nothing they can do.. So I did . . I am sure I have a warrant out for me in New Mexico but its only 4-5 hours across ...

I am not an expert on the subject but I have not recieved one in state ... if I did I would certainly research it more..

Handle on the Law (for those who love him ) said if they can not see your face, you will not be required to pay if you contest it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts