RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have bought my first Rangie.
I'm used to having a hatchback, so spoilt with all the new space.

The tyres currently fitted are 275/40/R20. I work on a building site and these tyres aren't great in the mud and I don't fancy getting stuck.

What is the max size profile the Ranger Rover Sport L320 can take before it clashes with the various ride heights?

I've read the Nitto Tera Grappler are good 275/55/20 and the Cooper discoverer.

Also keen to make the car look a bit meaner! Some chunky tyres should do the trick.

Any advice would be great.

Will

Sport L320

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
I am running 275-55-20 BFG KO2s. It is the best constructed tire out there! Nitto, Cooper and Generals are all decent tires. Note that with that size tire you should invest is a SYA kit from Lucky 8 in case of a suspension deflation issue. It will keep the car from dropping all the way down onto the tire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running 275-55-20 BFG KO2s. It is the best constructed tire out there! Nitto, Cooper and Generals are all decent tires. Note that with that size tire you should invest is a SYA kit from Lucky 8 in case of a suspension deflation issue. It will keep the car from dropping all the way down onto the tire.

Thanks for the reply. Nice, I'll take a look at those. Do you have any photos?

Did you need to put any spacers on? Or just the SYA kit and did you need to re-calibrate anything?

Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 285 50 20 tires on my range and I can drive around at the lowered height with no rub, but mine are all seasons right now unfortunately ?. Planning on going 275 55 20 in the near future though.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 285 50 20 tires on my range and I can drive around at the lowered height with no rub, but mine are all seasons right now unfortunately ?. Planning on going 275 55 20 in the near future though.
Fair enough, I will look at that size though as fitting the kit looks quite involved for a newbie like me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
159 Posts
Fair enough, I will look at that size though as fitting the kit looks quite involved for a newbie like me
Its pretty easy to install the kit. There are no instructions but a little common sense and my pictures will get you there. Takes me a few hours to do the whole thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts