RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
1 Posts
After a short drive, ALL FOUR brakes seized solid this morning.

i released the pressure on the braking system and disconnected the ABS gave her two mins and she drove home with not a problem.
Now some history, same thing kept happening a couple of months back: all brake pads, discs, callipers replaced, all four wheel speed sensors replaced

So my question is where do I go from here, if I leave her for an hour or so and connect abs back up she will drive fine for a few minutes and then same thing happens all four brakes seize again.

Now...………………Could it possibly be the YAW sensor or am I looking at a new ABS pump, any help would be greatly appreciated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,476 Posts
No clue but since they've seized once you figure out the root cause you'll want to replace the rubber brake hoses at all 4 corners. Once the seize like that, send overheated fluid through, they're on borrowed time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
Agreed with Brad.

I have not had many issues with brakes, but I have read a good bit on the ABS modulator corroding or needing to be rebuilt? False signals from a failing unit would definitely cause the brakes to lock up as if ABS was trying to work with no wheels moving.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,476 Posts
was thinking more about this... no codes right? It couldn't hurt to pull the plug off the ABS and inspect the condition of the harness. I completely forgot one of my old rigs had a similar issue (thankfully just in the driveway) and the harness was horribly oxidized... I cleaned it all up, refit back to working. I also had another issue with that rig (probably from the corroded harness) later where an ABS fault with trigger intermittently just saying there was some communication loss. I pulled the ABS module out, cut the casing open and visually inspect the board. I found one connection solder had melted and the lead had blown out. The whole thing is covered in some type of gel, I cut it away with a razor and re soldered the thing down, then just put silicone over the exposed area. That repaired the issue.

here is the ABS module with the top cut off it... I used a tiny cutting wheel on a dremel as they glue it together solidly.

abs3.jpg
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top