RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my truck in to have the front end alignment checked after replacing the Drag link and the Steering Damper. I had it slightly off and the shop now have it set at:

Left Side Toe +0.09
Right side Toe +0.08 and the wondering feel and the slight vibration between 65-70mph all came back.
It seems I had it at the following values and that had the best feel so far:

Left side Toe -0.3
Ride Side Toe -0.32

The front end is tight with all new parts except for the RF Bearings. wheels are balanced and Tire pressure at 28psi Front. 38psi rear on 19" wheels with Spiggot Rings.

The steering doesn't have any play and the box seems to be tight. Any other pieces of the puzzle I may have over looked?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked the manual and they have it at:

Toe Out: 0.02" - 0.07"

When I inquired as to why they have their values outside of this range, I was told the software gets the updated values from the manufacturer and I will have to pay again to set it to the values specified on the User Manual.

G

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't pay them again. They had wrong information, it's their fault it wasn't done correctly the first time.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are saying the values printed on the user manual is wrong and that their software gets the updated values from Land Rover. If I were to change these values to "whats on the book" I will have to pay extra.
I'm going to take a different approach by having them correct the problem of truck wondering since their alignment. They told me to bring the truck back. Lets see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I seem to remember a thread on here where somebody had a similar situation, then changed it back to a slightly negative toe and all was well.

PS...you can do this yourself with a curtain rod and a few wrenches.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes sense because that is where I ended up after replacing the Drag link and steering damper over the weekend. And, what is apparent with our trucks with so many different angles at play and I have Gen 3s, it may be a case by case bases not just set it to a value and get it out of the door after a test drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts