RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Gents, Is there an easy way to permanently disable the alarm system while still keeping the key fob entry? This system seems to be a little over kill
for us guys out in the country. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
No. The alarm and immobiliser system is integrated with the BeCM rather than added on. They are turned on when the car is locked, even if you use the key rather than the fob. The only way to avoid setting the alarm is to not lock the car.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No. The alarm and immobiliser system is integrated with the BeCM rather than added on. They are turned on when the car is locked, even if you use the key rather than the fob. The only way to avoid setting the alarm is to not lock the car.
You bring up an interesting point.....:think:
For those that hate the alarm system (And what's to like?:confused:) You could unlock everything, and just unplug all the door latches. Never will an signal be sent to the Becm to tell it to alarm.....8-0=
Then you install the aftermarket central locking system!
What could possibly go wrong?:pray:

This could actually work, but I would never personally contemplate doing it to either of mine:naughty:

Mind you, if I had a Gems, it would DEFINITELY have a Mobi installed! They rock!:dance:

·
Banned
42 Posts
You bring up an interesting point.....:think:
For those that hate the alarm system (And what's to like?:confused:) You could unlock everything, and just unplug all the door latches. Never will an signal be sent to the Becm to tell it to alarm.....8-0=
Then you install the aftermarket central locking system!
What could possibly go wrong?:pray:

This could actually work, but I would never personally contemplate doing it to either of mine:naughty:

Mind you, if I had a Gems, it would DEFINITELY have a Mobi installed! They rock!:dance:
I have a GEMS and a Mobi, and Lee (from LAB (Mobi)) is working with me to come up with a 3rd party remote start & door lock system since Mobi already bypasses the BECM issue.

Pre Mobi, the PO had a new unlocked BECM installed, and simply disconnected the RF receiver---had to lock the driver's door manually, but no jumping lock issues (knock on wood). I'm simply looking to take that one step further.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
You can switch the alarm off in the BECM. The only part of the system you can't switch off is the immobiliser which is implemented by the engine ECU, not the BECM. The BECM just sends the mobilisation code to the engine ECU when the vehicle is unlocked/disarmed and the ignition turned on.

If you have a properly working drivers door latch, and have the alarm and passive immobiliser turned off, then you circumvent most of the issues that people run into. As mentioned above, there is a bypass module for the immobiliser for a GEMS engine ECU - but the Bosch ECU doesn't have a workaround, so at least requires a working door latch to tell the BECM when it's locked/unlocked so it can send the code through.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think you can disable the alarm with a Nanocom, you can also just pull the alarm horn off, or damage it so it doesn't make noise anymore, that's what I did.
Alarm horn is under the fuse box.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I think you can disable the alarm with a Nanocom, you can also just pull the alarm horn off, or damage it so it doesn't make noise anymore, that's what I did.
Alarm horn is under the fuse box.
Alarm can be disabled electronically yes. removing, disconnecting or otherwise rendering the horn inoperative simply keeps it from making noise, the other elements such as immobilizing, light flashing etc. still remain active, thus by simply rendering horn inactive nothing is accomplished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts