Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my "new to me" 2010 sport it seems the alarm is sounding for no reason every so often.

When I lock it, I don't get the two horn honk letting me know something isn't secured. However, when the alarm goes off and I unlock it to stop it then lock it again, the horn will honk twice.

There are no messages on the information center. I have read that the older models had a common problem with the hood switch, did this carry over? Anything of note that I should check?

It's also been windy. Is it possible for the wind to set it off?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just went out to mess with it and now it's honking twice everytime I lock it. I checked all doors hood and tailgate and everything is secure.

If I hit the lock button 2 more times it'll finally flash the lights not honk and fold in the mirrors

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, and it says on the computer that the hood is open when the truck is started.
Lock the truck, walk away then the alarm will go off on its own. I can't lock the truck its a pain!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Actually Craven, your alarm is going off for a reason. It is stated right on your display. Replacing the hood trigger is cheap and takes a matter of a few minutes.

EJBB, disconnect your hood switch and see if it cures the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This seems to be a common problem from the amount of other people that have this issue with the hood switch.
I'm here in Ontario Canada and spoke with LandRover parts department. They have the part its $48.99 but they revised
the switch so its one piece. Its the hood latch and the switch all in one. They said this shouldn't happen
again with the updated switch.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
224 Posts
I had the hood switch issue a while back. As a temporary measure, I hit it with some spray grease, and it's been perfect ever since. If it does it again, I'll replace it, but it may not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went to my local dealer for a new switch ($32). Took me 5 minutes to put in (it's actually all one piece now not like 2 in the video).

The two honk is gone, and the mirrors are folding in. So far so good for now. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Past few months, I had the same issue with alarm going off at random. I did not have the "Hood Open" warning but read that it's a late manifestation of the hood latch/sensor going bad. I picked up a replacement and, as mentioned above, the new latch/sensor is an updated part with the bottom sensor integrated into the latch assembly. Part # is LR065340. It was $38 at my dealer. Unlike what is stated on the video, the two screws were not T20 but T30. Also, the steel wire for the latch release needs to be popped off from the left side of the assembly and the inner latch mechanism in order to remove/attach it. Thank you very much to RRToadHall and others for their very helpful posts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I think I've narrowed it down to be a problem somewhere in the tailgate.

Does anyone know if there's a switch (like the hood) somewhere back there? Is there one in each mechanism (lower main part and upper glass?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts