RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 1996 2.5 TD has decided to set the alarm off for no reason it has done it 3 times tonight strangely seems to be every hour. I have been out to it unlocked it and started it up with no problem but I am sure in the past if I set alarm off I got a message to say alarm triggered but I am not getting this message now. I have had to leave it unlocked now as it's going to upset the neighbors. Has anyone any tips as to what's causing it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you go out and find the alarm speaker , rotate the middle counterclockwise(unscrew it) and it wont sound anymore. It is under the fusebox on my 97. Then simply screw it tight and it will sound again. I thought mine was broken but it was loose!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is sounding the horn and flashing indicators not the sounding klaxon. Is that the same as you say.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
yea just disconnect the GEMS period alarm horns their battery back ups expired and failed over a decade ago. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now the strange bit I have just locked it with window open and then opened door to set alarm off and I get a siren alarm going off and when I turn ignition on I get a message saying alarm triggered. Last night it was the horns blowing not a siren and I didn’t get a message on dash. God knows what’s going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I disconnected the rf antenna and it has been ok since. But my neighbors 2014 Vauxhall mokka has continued to go off randomly.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
If the alarm is triggering there should be a message on your display for the point of entry that caused the alarm to go off. Often it's a matter of a minor adjustment of the right hand hood latch of course you can always just disconnect the hood open sensor. The connector is just below it on the radiator surround.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts