RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 1996 2.5 TD has decided to set the alarm off for no reason it has done it 3 times tonight strangely seems to be every hour. I have been out to it unlocked it and started it up with no problem but I am sure in the past if I set alarm off I got a message to say alarm triggered but I am not getting this message now. I have had to leave it unlocked now as it's going to upset the neighbors. Has anyone any tips as to what's causing it?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
419 Posts
If you go out and find the alarm speaker , rotate the middle counterclockwise(unscrew it) and it wont sound anymore. It is under the fusebox on my 97. Then simply screw it tight and it will sound again. I thought mine was broken but it was loose!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is sounding the horn and flashing indicators not the sounding klaxon. Is that the same as you say.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
Mine is sounding the horn and flashing indicators not the sounding klaxon. Is that the same as you say.
It has it's own klaxon, in front of the fuse box, i wrecked, (so it doesn't make noise anymore) mine too, but it's still connected.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
yea just disconnect the GEMS period alarm horns their battery back ups expired and failed over a decade ago. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now the strange bit I have just locked it with window open and then opened door to set alarm off and I get a siren alarm going off and when I turn ignition on I get a message saying alarm triggered. Last night it was the horns blowing not a siren and I didn’t get a message on dash. God knows what’s going on.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
possibility of a defective latch triggering alarm, the question is which?. follow the latch testing procedures on the stickies above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I disconnected the rf antenna and it has been ok since. But my neighbors 2014 Vauxhall mokka has continued to go off randomly.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
If the alarm is triggering there should be a message on your display for the point of entry that caused the alarm to go off. Often it's a matter of a minor adjustment of the right hand hood latch of course you can always just disconnect the hood open sensor. The connector is just below it on the radiator surround.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts