RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - i'm a newbie here. 2003 HSE ... for one year (yes, i have tolerated it that long) alarm goes off constantly. searching on this forum ... seems like the hood sensor may need adjusting. before i bring to dealer or RR mechanic and pay $$$, was thinking of taking a look at the sensor under the hood. 1st, anyone have a downloadable copy of the repair manual (not handbook)? 2nd, anyone have pics of where exactly is the sensor for the hood? ANY advice appreciated ... many thanks!!!

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
search will tell you to download RAVE from the internet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trying to navigate thru the RAVE ... any pointers on where can i find an image of the hood sensor (alarm)?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
On RH Drive L322s the bonnet switch is up on the secondary bulkhead on the RH side of the vehicle at the rear of the engine compartment - close to the brake fluid reservoir. It's just a simple switch which is 'made' when the bonnet is open. I assume it's in the same place on a LH drive car (except presumably this is now the battery side, not the brake fluid reservoir side?) You can't miss it.

Phil

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same problem with the alarm triggering for no apparent reason (seemed to be linked to when the sunlight hit it in the morning). I unplugged the sensor and it's been fine since.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
taskam said:
I had the same problem with the alarm triggering for no apparent reason (seemed to be linked to when the sunlight hit it in the morning). I unplugged the sensor and it's been fine since.
:shock: :think: Sunlight sensor for the alarm?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wondered if it was some slight expansion due to the heat resulting in the contacts of the switch breaking. I guess I could spend time to adjust this, but haven't had time yet.
It wasn't the internal motion sensors, as I tried double locking to disable them but it still triggered.

And yes, it didn't happpen that often since this is Scotland `8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the same problem. Took it to the Land Rover dealer under warranty. Guess what they put heat tape on the hood right above the sensor to make sure it makes contact with the trigger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if anyone can, could you take a pic with your phone and upload the location of the sensor. i live in sunny hot texas in usa ... there are days it's always going off, and days it doesn't.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
RRPhil said:
On RH Drive L322s the bonnet switch is up on the secondary bulkhead on the RH side of the vehicle at the rear of the engine compartment - close to the brake fluid reservoir. It's just a simple switch which is 'made' when the bonnet is open. I assume it's in the same place on a LH drive car (except presumably this is now the battery side, not the brake fluid reservoir side?) You can't miss it.

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
disconnected bonnet switch ... haven't heard the alarm go off since!!! :dance: i LOVE you guys!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gang. New here! My RR TDV8 (2011) very low mileage is lovely... But, last week the manifold split when I put my foot to the floor. £1000 later... Then the alarm starting going off for no reason. Replaced the battery. £120 later.... Alarm still going off. I have just unplugged the bonnet sensor. I'll keep you informed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good tip fellas. I've had a "bonnet open" fault since my purchase a couple months back. In addition, I've had the alarm go off when parked facing the sun in mornings. Hope by disconnecting the switch I've solved both issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Alarm always going off

I unplugged the sensor a month ago because my alarm kept going off for no reason. I just moved to a new neighborhood where I am now parking my truck outside so I was hoping this would fix it. And since no one really gave a definitive answer on this post I just wanted to say it definitely worked.

If you are having this problem this might be the fix for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts