RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any good recomendations for 6mm airline tee fittings that DONT leak?

I've got one for my in-vehicle pressure gauge thats tee'd into the tank line, but I cannot seem to get the thing to stop being leaky. I've tried the plastic one and the metal one you can get off ebay and whatnot.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,332 Posts
You need a Wade brass "T" fitting.
Type N ferrule. Metric size for 6mm od/4mm id nylon tube.

http://www.accltd.com/images/pdf/Wade Fittings Tech Pages only.pdf

Not sure if they sell them in the States so you may need to find an equivalent.
Push in pneumatic fittings start to leak once you make and break them a few times. They also don't have the heat rating if you use them under the hood.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Yes, it looks the right type.
The ferrule pushes in the end of the nylon tube and the brass olive tightens down on it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
I bought some on eBay when I installed my 'T' line off the tank to run an air line into the loadspace. Used the push-in type to start with and then ditches it pretty quick for the nut/olive type.

I've been tempted to see if I can tap the ports on the valve block and put threaded fittings on that too!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
I've always used the 1/4 DOT approved compression fittings over here, never had a problem or leak.
Get them from any big truck dealer/repair shop
Martin

·
Registered
447 Posts
try your local hydraulic shop (pertec or hose doctor etc) they should have a wall of brass fitting of all shapes and sizes if that's what your after.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Here in the states, there is next to zero support for metric fittings.
Scotty did source some IIRC, he was ending them with the Rover Raisers, either push lock or compression.

Martin

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts