RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 1996 Petrol HSE AUTO since February 2000 and always looked after it. Yesterday I had the radiator replaced and when the vehicle was returned the book and exclamation mark symbols were on and the aircon was running ambient. Thee was no book or exclamation mark symbols when I took the car in and the aircon was as icy as a Range Rover can get. Furthermore the outside temperature on the same line as the book symbol is now erratic and reading unrealistically low (jumping from 13 to 14 then 15, back to 14up to 16, back to 13 etc) when we are in the middle of the hottest summer on record. Is the outside temperature sensor's location in the way of draining the system? Could it have been damaged in the process? Or not replaced properly?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
best approach is to plug in scanner and read hevac codes, go from there. it could just be as simple as blend door recalibrate

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
Pre-2000 has the outside temperature sensor mounted in the air intake next to the pollen filter. Later cars had it mounted just in front of the radiator so it's always possible someone has moved it and it's been disturbed when the radiator was changed.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Ambient temp sensors on early models is behind the LH pollen filter. In later models it was moved to behind the bumper valence. Neither location would be impacted by a radiator replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts