RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 P38 4.6 GEMS, LHD.

I'm currently looking to replace my tires but still working fan blowers. My stock blower is Valeo G30 650 594 R. I'm checking for a good second hand in eBay but most of the good ones are from UK which are RHD. My question is will the fans from the RHD work on a LHD version? No modifications necessary? thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
drive makes no difference. a right hand fan is the same for all markets just as a left hand fan is the same for all markets.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
69 Posts
drive makes no difference. a right hand fan is the same for all markets just as a left hand fan is the same for all markets.
That is not correct. The blowers for RHD trucks will spin the other way when put into a LHD truck and suck air instead of blowing air There is an little arrow on the front of the blower motor indicating the direction they spin. For LHD trucks the arrow should point to the right.

Here is a thread with correct part numbers listed http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/160658-hevac-blower-motor-direction-rotation-polarity.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
I unknowingly bought a pair of used blower motors off of ebay from the UK when I bought my P38 a year ago. The left side one was not working.
Replaced it and was satisfied with the noice it produced.

Now, when I pulled the relay for the right hand side one to not have so much cold air entering the cabin due to a blend servo not working.
I was sincerely dumbstruck when no air what so ever was coming from the vents.

Found the thread that was linked above and then I realized I also have a blower motor running the wrong direction.
The sillyness is strong with this one.

To partly solve my problem I swapped over the passenger side blower motor to the drivers side and plugged the inlet on the passenger side so cold air cannot come from there at least.

Can the RHD blower motors be used with reverse polarity? The fan itself will be running the wrong direction but it's better than noting.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I ordered a set of used blower fans from a uk breaker, he specified rhd. they did not work on my nas p38 I ended procuring the correct units.
in a nut shell rhd unit will work but will blow reverse, even the fins are set different, no you cannot reverse polarity becm won't read them and hevac control will store codes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I see no problem reversting polarity, just rotate motor plug 180 deg.
You can also try to swap fans from your old ones.
One interesting thing is that RH and LH motors are the same on one car, just fitted upside-down

·
Registered
107 Posts
No unfortunately that does not work. I wanted to try that myself one hour ago by switching places on the red and black wire where they exit the housing. It spun for a second and then stopped.

Just like 95classiclwb mentioned above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts