Hello All

airbag warning light showing constantly
Range Rover Mark IV / L405 4.4 L SDV8 2018

I would like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on the matter
Many thanks in advance

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Get it to the dealer under warranty. There is nothing you can do if you don't have the proper diagnostic gear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Supercharged
Brought into dealership, there was a bolt for ground loose. They charged $400 to find this issue, 6 months later light keeps coming back!! UGHGHHH

The light comes and goes

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 16' RR ad the airbag light kept coming on. The code stated it was a seat belt retractor, replaced under warranty and no issues since.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover 4.4TDV8 L322 / 2013 TDV6 L405
35 Posts
I have had the airbag light on for about 1 month, on my 2013sdv8 but before i went to the dealer it went away and is now off for more then 4 months, hope it doesnt return!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
618 Posts
Mine only occurred when it was cold outside. The funny part was that the problem could only be identified after I left the vehicle outside at the dealer and waited for the temperatures to drop.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Reactions: stillnotpc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark that was excellent thank you!! Sadly, the service bulletin was completed on my vehicle and the light is ON again.. just got off the phone with Newport Beach Land Rover and SA gave me the old ‘our labor rate is $205/hr if you want to bring it in for service’....

·
Registered
655 Posts
You should have an indy look at it. It will be cheaper. There are a couple of fixes. You need a 35 dollar obd code reader google the obd codes and try diy fixes. Fwiw i have the drivers side wiring harness brand new in the box if you have a short. Even with the campaign completed if the dealer supplied zip ties broke then it needs to be addressed again.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Drivers seat wiring harness

·
Registered
6 Posts
This just happened this week so yes the obd is the first step I agree. OK I’m on it... I’ll keep you posted! I will be pissed if a couple broken zip ties is causing this... :/ it’s a $100k car... This should be happening.. especially since it’s been ‘fixed’ (sorry just need to vent)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Freddy Indy Range Rover Tech Super honest and fair and not 205 an hour. You will have to drive up to Lomita/Harbor City. Make an appt. 310-912-4591 he will take care of your baby. He’s worked on my 2006 Sport, 2013 L405 2014 L405 and 2016 L405.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Unplug the battery, hit the back of the driver seat a few times, move the drivers and passenger seats all the way forward, plug the battery back in, turn the car on WITHOUT MOVING THE SEATS, see if the airbag light is still on. If so you need the “Gap Diagnostic “ tool, for $450. Or call Freddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark I owe you a beer buddy!! Took my car to Freddy today and he fixed it for a fraction of what the dealer was going to charge me.. soooo.. he pulled both seats apart.. lo and behold they (LAS Vegas LR) never did the ‘fix’!! the Tech. Bulletin calls for the technician to cut out a piece of foam surrounding the harness wire to prevent it from chaffing against the foam. When I called the dealership they told me it was showing this campaign had been performed and completed. They never did it!! Anyways, thanks again for your introducing me to Fredy!

·
Registered
655 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! The internets won today! Usually it’s a bunch of trolls on the net, and I’m so happy Freddy helped you. Sometimes, lol, it’s hard to understand Freddy’s accent, lol on the phone, but in person he is the bomb and will fit you in last minute. He’s a national resource and the hero we need, not the hero we want!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts