RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any clue as to why this might happen? It came on yesterday and it has stayed on since. I have restarted car at least 5 times since then and nothing. No fault codes at all, just the light. I'll make an appointment with dealer just the same but thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Fairly common on the L494, according to my dealer.

It's either a loose connector under one of the front seats, or a damaged wiring harness (also under one of the front seats)
Intermittent/no DTC because the SRS module loses contact with that particular airbag, uh, intermittently.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,073 Posts
I had it happen a few months ago. It was a loose sensor in the passenger seat. If I had a passenger it would go away for a few starts but would always come back. Has been fine since the dealer fixed it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip fellas. I moved the passenger seat back and forth a couple of times and it went away. It's surprisingly hard to get access to the wiring harnesses under the seat so I guess I'll just be happy it's gone for now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yap, even in the highest setting there is no way that a human (adult) hand can fit to work under there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I already had the airbags replaced once on my 2015 SVR last year. Now the warning light has come on again. I have tried moving both seats back and forth but the light still stays on. Before I take it to the dealer, has anyone any other troubleshooting ideas for me to try?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I already had the airbags replaced once on my 2015 SVR last year. Now the warning light has come on again. I have tried moving both seats back and forth but the light still stays on. Before I take it to the dealer, has anyone any other troubleshooting ideas for me to try?
I just encountered the same issue with my SVR. It's in the shop as we speak, I pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,073 Posts
Have somebody sit in the seat before turning on the vehicle. If the light does not stay on after the initial check, then it's likely the same sensor issue. May stay away or may come back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m not sure of the correlation to airbags but They had to replace my seat belt clasp. No more SRS light 👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts