Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 RR (Westminster), experienced the LF side dropping & resting on the bump stops, took to LR dealership, informed airbag need to be replaced. Had RR towed back home & garaged with anticipation of having work completed within a couple of weeks, unfortunately due to nonnrelated unforeseen circumstances turned into months. Noticed the RF side had also drop now resting on bump stop too. I ordered 2nd airbag from Arnott had both installed at local shop not dealership . Received my RR only to notice the RF side still seem lower but not resting on bump stop. Lights for height adjustment working fine. Driving home lights go out can't adjust height which seem high. Next start up dash read: air suspension inactive. Drive to LR dealership, (frustrated with local shop) now told there's a leak in the new RF side airbag, possibly stemming from being defective, or the line, or installer caused a hole leading to the leak. I seriously think it wasn't defective based on research done regarding the reputable company ordered from. How should I address this with the local shop that installed airbags? Then again the airbag could be defective, advice welcomed.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
If the new strut is leaking send it back. I seriously doubt your indie could have punctured the new unit during install.

BTW: you only need to post once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about multiple post, new to posting. Hope this is not a stupid question but am I to assume airbag is same as air strut. I only replaced airbag. Thanks again :)[SUB][/SUB]

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
248 Posts
I think air strut normally refers to the whole assembly, that is airbag and shock absorber. It is common to replace the whole strut because the shock absorber often lasts only a little longer than the airbag unless the airbag has failed prematurely for some external reason.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
Hi ! Question was the height ride calibrated after the front airbags replaced? If not may be as simple as that!
I agree with other comments made on this. However, the Installer shouldn't really have been able to puncture new part! More likely defective! Did you have any warranty on new parts or labour?
Legally the local shop has responsibly for 3 months on any repairs, speak to them see if you can come a resolution. By law you need to give the initial repairers the chance to rectify the problem to satisfactory standard before taking any further action.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
There is no need to recalibrate after strut replacement nor are the merchandise and service laws of Qatar going to be the same as Wisconsin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts