1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airbag light & b1194 code & also radar sensor blocked

Hi guy's, my 2011 range rover has the following faults:

Airbag light on & showing fault code: b1194. can someone please advise me on how to get to the crash sensor? do i have to take the bumper off?

Cruise control not working(get the radar sensor blocked on my screen), again, is this a bumper off problem?

Many thanks in advance

ASH

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Airbag light & b1194 code & also radar sensor blocked

There are a few crash sensors. That's why all airbags don't deploy at once. Not sure on that year but there is one under the console e brake lever and I imagine there are some in the door pillars and front end. I don't think they are behind the bumper as they would go off anytime the bumper is bumped.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,165 Posts

B1194 is for the drivers side frontal crash sensor. On my 06 thefrnt crash sensors are attached to the headlight surround panel underneath the actual headlight unit itself. there are two fornt sensors, and 4 side sensors, 2 on each side. One is at the Base of the B/C pillar (between the front and rear doors), and the other is attached to the base of the D pillar (behind the rear door). would assume they are pretty much in the same locations in an 11 model.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
378 Posts

The sensor Mark C notated above is indeed underneath the left headlamp area on a 2011 MY L322, too.

It is secured with a T30 torx bolt and has a two wire plug plastic multiplug connected to it.

You may want to check the plug fitting in case it's a little loose or if some light corrosion has occurred.

An identical sensor is located under the right headlamp. You may be able to swap them and see if the fault code changes sides, in which case you likely have a bad sensor.

The central airbag diagnostic module is immediately beneath the gear shifter area and requires removal of the center console and gear shift mount to access.

You may need access to a dealer level type diagnostic platform to reset the airbag light once the fault has been remedied.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts