RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little-used 2000 P38A (less than 60,000 careful miles) has developed an SRS/Airbag fault. It just showed up, with nothing known to trigger it. I have searched previous posts, but want to simply ask about safely checking the connections under the seats, the under the panel steering connection box and the one front detector box...all of them with the yellow warning color. What sequence should I use, and shouldn't I first disconnect the battery before disconnecting and reconnecting all the the sites? I am very respectful of both the force and the cost of an unintended bag deployment and will tolerate the continued warning. I also have an OB2 scan tool with a reset function, but haven't tried that yet.

Coincidently, the HVAC display is showing half numbers on occasion but sometimes returns to a proper screen. This unit was replaced with a new one about three years ago. Should I try to see if there's a connection problem, there, too? Even with the half numbers (or when it returns to normal), the A/C is blowing cold, a Godsend in this Atlanta heat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Ghost of Solihull must be alive and well in my P38A. I rarely drive the thing to work, but I did yesterday, after fully charging the battery overnight. When I left home, the Airbag Fault was reading on the display, but halfway to work the HVAC display returned to normal, showing full numbers and no book. Hooray! The A/c was performing well in the early morning 80F temperature. At Noon, it had returned to half-characters and the interior had heated up to about 120F in the sun, but the A/C quickly cooled it back down. On the way home, the Airbag fault disappeared, but the half-character display remained. A bad ground somewhere on the BCAM? Or just a playful Rover ghost?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts