Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for help on air suspension prob
iff cross relay out compressor will work
tried to read codes but no luck will not pick anything up
seems to be dead electrically on suspension unit on inner wing
every thing else on vehicle works
looking for someone in derby area if poss to with rangerover p38 electrics knowledge
somebody must have had a similar problem at some time
thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
If I understad correctly, if you jumper the relay the compressor works but otherwise it doesn't? Most likely problem will be the thermal cut out in the compressor. Connect to the orange wire on the compressor and ground it, if it then works, that's the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
What is the display telling you? All 4 lights lit? EAS Fault on the dash?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a hard fault Christmas tree slow to 30, while I was down, (all good now, rebuilt air block changed a spring and height sensor) i Also had to jump the relay to get unstuck, it seams to me if you jump the relay and the motor works with no faults could it be the relay? I know that sounds simple and you probably already tried that just throwing it out there

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
Nothing to stop you trying it, just swap the relay with one of the others as a test. Have you cleared and reset the fault, it won't do anything until you do.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
155 Posts
As Richard said, have you cleared the fault?

I've got the EAS kicker but you can DIY with a home made cable and the free software. You have to clear the fault and reset the system.

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have tried a code reader and a similar reader to one mentioned but will not pick up anything to read
we are sometime today to do further investigation to maybe ecu packed up and that is why will not work

·
Registered
155 Posts
What's the code reader?

You need a dedicated P38 unit such as Nanocom or a Faultmate, or as mentioned the EAS kicker to reset. Plug it in and wait a few seconds - viola

A regular OBD reader will not work on the P38 EAS or HEVAC, or the ABS system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one reader was for p38 air suspension fault and reset
plugged in pickup certain things but will not talk to ecu to reset
similar eas kicker you mentioned

·
Registered
764 Posts
Check the connectors in the left footwell, if there dirty that could be why your not communicating with the eas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nanocom works great for me as mentioned above by Richard, clear the faults for sure before you can move forward, how did the relay swap go,?

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
Connector behind the LH kick panel carries the connections between the EAS ECU and the display and rocker switch, ones behind the RH kick panel carries the OBD data so checking both is always a good idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts