RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my air suspension keeps changing its height but only while driving and tends to jerk the wheel when doing it. there are no faults present and hard to tell what wheel it is seems mostly from front passenger side but occasionally front driver. was thinking it might be a ride height sensor but unsure of which one it would be. doesn't seem to do it while vehicle is off though. any thoughts would be appreciated 2004 range rover

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the front air struts are brand new. do they need to be calibrated? could that cause it?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hi. I cannot answer to the cause but i have done air spring spring changes ro ours and everythinv works fine after. Perhaps move the suspension through a full range of heights and see if snything shakes out. You likely already know that the rear springs lift first on a height increase, then the front and back and forth until new height is established. On the way down i think all 4 let go at once. This is mainly for moral support until an answer comes along.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Assuming the vehicle has been sitting level and off for a while. You get in and start it, do you notice the air suspension raising the vehicle within a minute or 2 after start-up?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There is a clue there if she is rising to offroad height from startup. If you are not dialed in to offroad height something is amiss. I just can not remember what it might be but may have to check for water ingress. I seem to recall our kmagnuss had a lot of corrosion in his system and that may have been a cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts