RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 l322 with 130k miles my wife was driving it and as she was driving the front air struts collapsed and we had it towed home. Replaced both front air struts and still has air susp on dash and abs replaced the battery and the air suspension relay checked fuse tried turning tires from lock to lock and nothing. Nothing comes up on my snap on modis ultra as far as codes. And the compressor will not turn on is there a way to test the compressor or where do I go from here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would have said just clear the faults with a diagnostics tool but you have that and still no solution in sight. To be frank, no idea.
I will say that I had the air suspension out of order, the car lowered down and the reason was the air compressor which had a wasted piston.
That happened to e around 120 K, so order yourself a cheap one like this here :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182191021438?euid=3b82592035aa439faecc858f2ca4e0a7&bu=44390387039&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu
Was 133 Pounds Sterling when I ordered it, it's 200 now, I've had it in the car for 6 months now and still works.
Part number compressor is :
LR006201

But there are compressor overhaul kits that go for less. ( O rings and what not).
Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my scanner is not communicating with my land rover and i tried another scanner as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is the max 35 miles per hr fault showing on the dash too? That would be the difference between a minor and major fault. You would have to see if your compressor is get voltage to kick on, or if your front valve block is working...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
max 35mph is on the dash. and no power to compressor

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
WIth the speed limitation on the dash you have a hard fault. That means something major has failed or is close to failing. The EAS ECU shuts down the entire system to prevent further damage.

You don't tell us if your two scanners are capable of reading RR sub systems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a stretched prong on the obd plug and cleared fault and pumped up but now has slow leak on passenger side and soapy water doesnt show anything. not sure if its to slow of a leak for it or what

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Did you check for the leak at each height? Bags usually leak first at motorway height because that where most rigs get their use. If you are looking for leaks at standard height the cracks that are leaking will be closed.

Raise to wading mode. Support the Rover on jack stands at one corner allowing the eas bladder to expand. saturate the bladder with soapy water and very slowly raise the suspension with a jack keep lots of soapy water on it. this moving through the entire range will expose any cracks deep enough to leak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was mainly focusing on valve block and lines since front struts where new

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
replaced the air line and both fittings on the front passenger side and still after 8 hours its sitting on bump stops on front passenger side only. i am getting no bubbles from soap tests. wondering if its internal in the valve block?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts