RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to RR I’m wondering if there is a general consensus on if using the ride height adjustment wears the pump and bags out faster or if they wear the same regardless of weather you use the kneel down regularly or not. This is in reference to a 06 FFSC and so far even with 0F temps no sagging after it sits. I mainly use it on weekends only. Thank you

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Being new to RR I’m wondering if there is a general consensus on if using the ride height adjustment wears the pump and bags out faster or if they wear the same regardless of weather you use the kneel down regularly or not. This is in reference to a 06 FFSC and so far even with 0F temps no sagging after it sits. I mainly use it on weekends only. Thank you
It wears the pump out quicker, but if the bags aren't used on a regular basis they become brittle more quickly. I wouldn't worry about it, if something breaks it can always be fixed. Replacing the pump/compressor isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
?..but if the bags aren't used on a regular basis they become brittle more quickly...
I second that opinion.
I believe that you can add compressor or silicone lubricant to the compressor to make it last though.
Don't ask me how - I want to add oil, but haven't gotten around to it.
Search the forum and you should find details somewhere.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
there is a seal kit available for the new style on the internet that I was thinking of getting and the price seemed reasonable. I think I will order it soon and keep it in reserve so when issues arise I will be ready. it does not come with t
he piston liner like the p38 kit can but it is reasonably priced vs the cost of a new compressor which I imagine is your concern and our concern also. I noticed that when you slide out of the high seat it promotes cracking of the plastic around the seat cushion so lowering may reduce the breakage. for the reasons you mentioned we never really lowered the p38.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have done the Seal replacement on my LM322 WABCO Compressor it fixed all my EAS issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts