RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Range Rover and I’m having a major issue with the front Air Suspension. I have taken it to the dealer but they never find any error codes and can never duplicate the problem so they return the car back with the issue still outstanding. I have taken pictures of the warning light “Air Suspension Inactive” that comes on a couple times a month. I’m not sure why they can’t find the error codes from this? The problem with the car is when I come to a stop (once or twice a day this happens) the front end will shoot up very fast about 3 times faster than if I manually adjust the height. This happens if the car has been sitting for any length of time or at a stop light. When this happens, none of the dash lights come on showing that it's raising. The Air Suspension has been checked for leaks and it’s fine. This issue doesn’t happen all of the time so it’s hard to duplicate. The dealer will service it if “only” if an error code is present which does me no good because they can't find any codes. This is a serious problem and it is so startling that my wife will not drive the car any longer. Do you have any suggestions I can pass onto the dealer? I have several friends that have RR and not one has this issue. They have all seen what it does and also state it’s a major problem. The car has been at the dealer now for 3 weeks and their telling me they can’t find anything wrong. This is the 6th time in for this problem. I hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
its probably just self leveling - for example if you had been driving out of a parking garage up/down an incline for a few minutes, the car will self level at it's next extended stop. same thing happens if you unlock and open the passenger or rear door first and then close it without hadnt opening the drivers door. the car will lower it self slightly for the driver to get in - they call it "entry access height" or somethign similar. dont sweat it and just act like you dont notice it - your passenger with go nuts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish that was it. The problem is I've been in other RR that do the hight adjustment and this is way more extreme. It's only in the front end and the speed it goes up would knock a drink off the dash. This isn't the slow standard leveling the cars do after being driven on the highway and there's something wrong to have the car issue a "Air Suspension Inactive" warning sometimes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
had a simalar problem last year,the suspension ecu got corrupted and sent the front suspension shooting up into the air that fast and high it blew the n/s/f airbag.Very scary and expensive!.
I'd try another dealer because you need this sorting out before it gets any worse and causes more damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back, I'll mention this to the mechanic. Unfortunately or fortunately it's still under LR warranty so I need to bring it to a dealer. This is the second dealer I've taken the car to so I really want them to get it fixed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
roveroc said:
I wish that was it. The problem is I've been in other RR that do the hight adjustment and this is way more extreme. It's only in the front end and the speed it goes up would knock a drink off the dash. This isn't the slow standard leveling the cars do after being driven on the highway and there's something wrong to have the car issue a "Air Suspension Inactive" warning sometimes.
aaaah...understood. my self leveling is definitely noticeable but wouldn't knock a drink off the dash. good luck with the dealer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mine does this all the time - i kind of like it

now i did have an issue a few months back where one of the front bags was stuck in the upright position and the other lower which interfered with steering (car pulled like crazy) - the subject air bag was replaced under CPO warranty

when i purchased the car w/ only 29k miles, i had seen the service records that at least one air bag had already been replaced

these are known to fail, its not whether, but when

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is happening because your height sensors all need to be recalibrated and reset to the manufacturer level if you don't have custom size rims on the truck. Just think about it your compressor is working and you're not losing air, the problem is height and lowering that has a lot to do with each sensor that you have on each wheel. I hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts