Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air suspension stopped working, the suspension lights come on dashboard when I start the car, I can hear clicking from the trunk area and then the suspension lights go out. The vehicle can't be raised or lowered.

My diagnostics tool reads C1A13-64 Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery.

I removed the air compressor from the vehicle, disconnect it from the tanks. Tested it by hooking up the air compressor to the car battery. The compressor starts, I can feel the air being sucked in from the input pipe and pushed out from the output pipe. Does the above test validate the compressor and dryer filtration is good?

Based on my research I came across the following statements:

Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery = Compressor fault 95% of cases ,! Our Exhaust valve seal & dryer filtration repair kit together with fitting instructions recommended.

Will replacing the exhaust value seals help ?

Remember the only pressure sensor monitors gallery pressure, and your code is saying its having problems with gallery pressure not reducing, which strongly suggests either the pilot exhaust solenoid is bad or the exhaust valve is stuck

Is there a way to test the pilot exhaust solenoid? I can not found a new pilot exhaust solenoid part for purchase
is there a way to determine if the exhaust value is stuck. I took the cover off ,springs and looked at it. I didn't pull it out of the housing.

Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
192 Posts
Stuck exhaust solenoid?

Oh just read your post and that's the suggestion. I have an Arnott compressor. Yours may be different but the pressure sensor is on the comp discharge. The gallery is the storage tank under the right hand side.
If you've pulled the solenoid apart already go a step further and remove the plunger. Make sure it moves and I believe they have a 'pilot port' if you will that can plug up.

Does the vehicle raise if you try?
If you test the comp with the discharge disconnected you should struggle to keep your finger sealing the opening after a couple seconds.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stuck exhaust solenoid?

Oh just read your post and that's the suggestion. I have an Arnott compressor. Yours may be different but the pressure sensor is on the comp discharge. The gallery is the storage tank under the right hand side.
If you've pulled the solenoid apart already go a step further and remove the plunger. Make sure it moves and I believe they have a 'pilot port' if you will that can plug up.

Does the vehicle raise if you try?
If you test the comp with the discharge disconnected you should struggle to keep your finger sealing the opening after a couple seconds.
I have the Hitachi compressor. The vehicle does not raise.

I was going to buy a filter and compressor kit, per this video (
) however at the end of video the guy explains how to test the compressor repair. So I performed the test and I was able to keep my thumb on the discharge pipe just fine for ever. I just thought he meant to say it the other way around.

This is what the video says to test after installing repair kits.

where the air is outputted if you just put your thumb over that, you should be able to stop the air coming out. Again where the air is sucked in put your thumb over it should be able to stop being sucked in, if you can do that would indicate a problem with install, if you can't then the output is good

So your saying, when I bench test the compressor, put my finger on the output pipe and within a few seconds, the pressure will prevent me from holding the air back. Correct?

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
192 Posts
Correct. Sounds like the piston is not sealing. A rebuild will likely solve the problem. Any idea how old the comp is?
Did you remove and inspect plungers?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think for the pilot exhaust solenoid .Start by checking inspecting the socket check the wire if maybe it losses ground or power if everything good then try by changing the pilot exhaust solenoid and then inspect those hoses of it as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts