RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been having issues with the dreaded suspension faults on my 2006 Range Rover Sport. After not getting much joy out of my "local" (600kms away) authorised Land Rover service centre I decided to get myself an iCarsoft i930 diagnostic tool. Plugging it in tells me I've had right rear sensor issues.

Question is, if I replace both rear sensors, how critical is the re-calibration of them? Has anyone changed sensors and not done the re-cal? The diagnostic tool I bought is just that; it doesn't let me do any calibrations. Ideally I want to replace them and that be the end of it. If I need the calibration done, well, I'll probably need to get them replaced at the service centre and calibrated by them at the same time. Not my preferred option.

Any info/past experience would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
THere would be no need to replace both rear sensors if your error codes point to only the right one. Change it out yourself and have the system calibrated. Calibration is necessary as no two sensors align exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It will probably be perfectly fine to drive, but yes, get it calibrated so that it will be sitting correctly, not just close.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
89 Posts
I just recently took mine in for calibration. I bought the same i930 and it sucks, you will find that it some instances it doesn't even give you the whole fault code. My calibration cost me $92 and I think I am going to go ahead a shell out the extra cash for the IIDtool so I don't have to pay that everytime it needs to be done. It seems to be what we both probably should have bought to begin with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the feedback.

The i930 has served its purpose for me, and will be handy for any issues in the future. I agree that it would have been helpful to have the calibration function, and if I knew I was going to be going down that route I would have forked out for something a bit more. but at AUD$200 I'm not complaining.

I'll do the job myself and get it cal'd next time I'm near a Land Rover joint. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts