RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just recently purchased a 4.2 V8 Rnage rover and Need some advice on repairor refurb the air suspension. Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Regards

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
132 Posts
Go to the rangerovers.net home page and follow the links to this subject. There is plenty of excellent information. It IS possible to refurbish the valve block and air lines yourself if you have the patience. Other than a split air spring, it will probably be the valve block giving you grief.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Lots of good people and advice can be found here.

After two years work, my 1994 LWB has working air suspension restored with no leaks.

What you need to understand is air bags, valve block seals, and other air suspension parts are rubber which deteriorate over ten years or so. I was lucky to have had no problems for 20.

My advice is to do what work you can yourself, but plan for replacing or resealing every component.

If nothing has been done since new, I would immediately replace the four air bags, cut and chamfer the air lines, and reseal the valve block and rebuild the air compressor. Check for leaks with soapy water. And buy or build a electrical system diagnostic tool. The EAS Kicker worked for me but free software is available if you can built the connections to your laptop.

Then report back. Lots of experienced folks here who can help out.

I do not recommend the fix only what is broken approach. You will end up rebuilding every component before you're done. Words of experience here.

Air suspension is definitely worth saving. Coil springs are a poor second choice but quicker and cheaper.

Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You will need to check out Storey Wilson's webpage as well. And build yourself a CPU link cable and download his software. You can use it to all the computery things needed on the EAS. Definitely worth saving if you can. I had it in two of my prior RRCs and love it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anybody know of a store selling a valve body rebuild kit? I am going to tackle that soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anybody know of a store selling a valve body rebuild kit? I am going to tackle that soon.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RANGE-ROVER-P38-EAS-AIR-COMPRESSOR-SEAL-LINER-VALVE-BLOCK-O-RING-DIAPHRAGM/152570905801?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3Db4bde1fe93e6443aa32f13fb41aac849%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D13%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D162483449350&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

valve block o-rings plus compressor rebuild kit.

Do both.

Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is the kit I ended up purchasing. Although, I didn't get the one with the compressor parts. I was a little hesitant to rebuild the compressor on my own and had thought about using Falconworks for that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just completely removed my old compressor, valve body, and all air lines and height sensors if anyone wants this stuff. Its for free so hopefully mods leave this up where itll do the most good.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Parts are claimed, thanks everyone. Happy to help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Aw shucks, I missed out on the spare parts.

If the person who has claimed the parts doesn't need the height sensors, it would help my Classic get back to riding on air. `)

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
pm me your address, I have some take off sensors from my classic refurbishment they are yours. the issue with mine turned out to be an issue with the ecu but I replaced all components. compressor I destroyed, driver, sensors and block are all over my apt.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
pm me your address, I have some take off sensors from my classic refurbishment they are yours. the issue with mine turned out to be an issue with the ecu but I replaced all components. compressor I destroyed, driver, sensors and block are all over my apt.
Carlos- bring those to the Dsource HH Xmas xchange, I’ll take those bits off your hands...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts