RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

For the past 2-3 days i have noticed that when I park my rrs in the garage in the on-road height mode, after about 2 hours or so it goes down to access height with out me doing anything. :? then when I start the car and before I move or touch anything it immediately raises to on-road height.

Is it supposed to do that?......if not i was thinking of 2 possibilities :think:

1- lazy entry feature which I doubt or

2- might have a leak in my air suspension system.

warranty is good thru oct. 2010......thank god

i appreciate ur comments..... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
ive noticed that once i park my car after a while it lowers it self and when i turn it back on it goes back up, so i think its normal

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for ur response, mlochab.

I just have a feeling , it should not do that. over 60 people read this tread and no one cared to leave a yes or no comment / answer :eek:

Hopefully one of the good veterans will guide us in this matter................ :)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
While it is not unusual for the suspensions to settle and self level down a little bit after extended periods of storage, if they truly drop to access height (or lower) within a couple of hours of parking you definitely need to get you air suspensions checked for leaks, sticky solenoids, etc., as that's not normal. Lazy entry has got nothing to do with the suspensions, and unless you invoke access height by using the switch on the console before you park, you should always find your car in whatever height you left it after parking it for a few hours or overnight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank u umberetob.............I agree with u, i will be running to the dealership pretty soon.

about lazy entry: what the heck is it?????????

IN my previous fx-35, when ever I parked and took the key out of the ignition the seat would roll back and the steering wheel would go up automatically so it would be easy to get out of the car and later when I got back in and put the key in the ignition it would adjust to my driving position. thats what I think lazy entry would do.

Based on the above I absolutely have no idea what lazy entry in an rrs is??????? :?

can anyone explain please........

·
Registered
24 Posts
well mine doesn't go down the to the lowest, only a slight drop,

I do have a warranty from landrover so i guess ill get them to check it out just to double check

·
Registered
521 Posts
aljus said:
thank u umberetob.............I agree with u, i will be running to the dealership pretty soon.

about lazy entry: what the heck is it?????????

IN my previous fx-35, when ever I parked and took the key out of the ignition the seat would roll back and the steering wheel would go up automatically so it would be easy to get out of the car and later when I got back in and put the key in the ignition it would adjust to my driving position. thats what I think lazy entry would do.

Based on the above I absolutely have no idea what lazy entry in an rrs is??????? :?

can anyone explain please........
I think Lazy Entry is where the memory seat positions are programmed to recognize a certain key. For example, my seat positions are memorized for my key so if my key unlocks the doors, it automatically moves everything to my programmed seat positions. If my wife uses her key, then the seat moves to her programmed position.

·
Registered
83 Posts
mine does similar thing. i'd say it happens 1 out of every 4 or 5 times i drive it. 2010 rrs hse. i get out of the car, lock the doors, and then after a few seconds hear the suspension "settling" and it seems the truck does lower a little...although not to access height. hmmm, i'll have to pay closer attention or call my service guy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts