RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my front air struts with Arnott struts, had the codes cleared and had a local mechanic that works on my other bmw calibrate the suspension with what I guess is the auto logic tablet. He set the ride height from the bottom of the rim to the lip of the wheel well at around 725mm. The suspension seems to work fine but will not lock in off-road position or low position, the light keeps blinking. The suspension also seems a bit low...the car feels like a low rider when in the "highway" suspension mode. I read on some other forum the proper height is 790 from ground to lip of wheel well. My question is, what is the proper ride height to calibrate to and how is that measurement taken? My guess is that my BMW mechanic might be calibrating it for BMW air suspension, not rover and thus it is too low, explaining the situation. I pray its not a bad height sensor.

thanks in advance,

L

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
The workshop manual isn't particularly helpful on this subject. The only reference I could see was

Nominal height from hub centre to wheel arch (not liner) :

Front = 491 - 495mm

Rear = 481 - 485mm

Measurement taken with vehicle at unladen weight and suspension in 'on road' setting

Phil

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks phil - very helpful...I am sure the car is sitting to low.

L

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back from my local mechanic - we reset the ride height to the proper height and it threw a code (accumulator inactive). I (we) am fairly sure the pump has seen its last days. Any ideas on where to get the best price on a pump?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Check with Arnott first.

Then start looking on eBay, there are some dismantlers out there that may have just what you'er looking for.

Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts