RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Rover, air springs replaced.

Was working great last weekend. But back down on Bump Stops!

1) Slow 35 mph message
2) Christmas Tree on Dash (top three light only, botton one is off)
3) Buddy Box does seem to find error, blinks green (how long should I leave it in?)
4) relays and fuses good
5) can jumper pump, pump runs
6) pressure switch opens/closes pins 7 & 9
7) thermal cut switch is closed, continuity
8) compressor does have 127,000 miles on it
9) EAS ECU?

Help,

Mark

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Check the compressor output by removing the pipe to the valve block and put your finger over it while it is running. I'm guessing it is a bad compressor (as you clearly think it is as well).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just leave the buddy box in until the green light stops flashing-about 10-15 seconds or so, and if it does not stop flashing pull it out and start the procedure over again. It took two tries on mine the first time. I'm not sure if you have to plug it into your personal computer between uses to 'clear' it or not, but it may be worth the try. The Buddy Box stores up to three diagnosis in its brain. Good Luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Air Suspension Problems-UPDATED-new info!

Just replace compressor, still no success, no changes, HELP!

ncng

ncng said:

1) Slow 35 mph message
3) Buddy Box does seem to find error, blinks green (how long should I leave it in?)
4) relays and fuses good
9) EAS ECU?

Help,

Mark

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
check the diaphragm as well.

was the replacement compressor new? If you got it on ebay as a "good" used one, it's likely shot as well. Rebuild both and you'll have a spare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shupack said:
check the diaphragm as well.

was the replacement compressor new? If you got it on ebay as a "good" used one, it's likely shot as well. Rebuild both and you'll have a spare.
It was new, but I think will rebuild to have spare. See more and new info below-

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found blown fuse 29, replaced, started truck, resovior released air, now truck is at highest setting, does not adjust, Slow 35 mph message, sometimes gives me Bonnet open, when its not, Buddy Box cannot communicate with ECU? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

ncng said:

1) Slow 35 mph message
4) relays and fuses good
9) EAS ECU?

Help,

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I think you need to check why that fuse has blown. It's pointing toward more of an electrical issue now. Is the actual fuse box in good condition BTW?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rich998a said:
I think you need to check why that fuse has blown. It's pointing toward more of an electrical issue now. Is the actual fuse box in good condition BTW?
Rich. Yes fuse box is in like new condition, dry climate so no corosion. Any idea where fuse 29 leads to? Where what to test.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Mark:

You need to get your hands on a copy of the workshop manual - RAVE. In there is an Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM) section. That will help with the diagnosis.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

As mentioned in the other post the fuse 29 is the feed to the delay timer which powers the ECU and all EAS components signals from the ECU.

You have to see under the left front seat and check out the delay timer relay base and the timer itself and after that proceed towards the ECU.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Air Suspension Problems-UPDATED-fixed it!

Fixed it!

FYI Info

Thank you for all your help with this, found problem, 3 of the wires going to EAS delay relay where shorting on seat frame, popping fuse 29, causing compressor to not run.

After fix, Buddy Box communicated, reset "Slow 35mph".

Again many thanks! All is good.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts