RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a "Air Susp Inact" warning on my dash the other day. The car is frozen at normal riding height and I am unable to adjust the height up or down. The lights down by the height adjustment knob are not fully lit, they just have a slight glow only visible at night. I was able to get the compressor working by hooking it up to a battery. The compressor seemed to work fine. There is a brass valve located about a foot from the compressor and it is attached to the air outlet line from the compressor. I assume this is a blow off valve? Incase the compressor makes too much pressure? Anyway, when I was able to get the compressor running, I had air coming out of this valve. Does this mean the tank is full? After I turned the compressor off I took the brass valve off the line and no air came out. Does the storage tank have some sort of check valve so that the air cannot feed back to the compressor? I went underneath the car and loosened up a fitting on the valve block and air came out of the fitting, so I tightened that back up. Now I don't know what else to check. If the car is at the standard ride height, doesn't that mean I have air in the system? I have no blown fuses. If anyone has any input please let me know. Thanks.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
Having the fault codes would be very useful. The problem could be transient or it could be an actual failure of a component. The vehicle is currently in "Soft Fault", where the EAS computer can still determine the height and maintain the height but a fault condition has been detected.
My tools can read and clear the EAS Fault codes on your vehicle depending on your vehicle year;
http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=268&Itemid=77

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
RobertB said:
Haha ummm should I just take it to the dealership??
only if you're rich and patient....

Yes, the tank is isolated from the compressor, so you can remove the compressor with no air coming back. Read the fault codes as Storey said, but take them with a grain of salt, they're more of a guide...

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha the only people who replied to my post are people who want to sell me something! Thanks for your input guys. The car goes into the dealership a week from today and I'm sure they will want to replace everything. I took a look at both your sites and both are impressive. I'm pretty sure both of you will be getting some sort of my business with this car. I'm going to see what the dealer says about the suspensions and if it's ridiculous I will be purchasing the ABS reader and whatever parts I need. Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have used the RSWsolution when I changed my front strut. Its a great tool and for the price you can't go wrong at all. It took a like three resets of the faults after I replaced my struts. Also the idea that if im somewhere far in a trip and get a soft fault I can reset the suspension without fixing it to drive back is a nice bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts