RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air suspension seems to work sometimes while other times is displays inactive. It seems to not be leaking any air. It sits level at ride height. Using a reset tool it will reset and the suspension lights will come back on and stay active for a bit. But become inactive around 30mph. I have no other lights displayed on the dash. I don’t know what the problem is.
Also, my rear drivers side wheel seems to lock up going through snow or gravel or mud. Any ideas what may be causing this? Does inactive air suspension also disable the awd system? This seems to be the case. I am spinning my tires and getting stuck in 2 inches of snow...
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
30 Posts
It may be something related to the control module, though I'm not sure, as I'm pretty new to Range Rovers. Here is a link to what I'm talking about: https://www.roverlandparts.com/range-rover-air-suspension-control-unit_1.aspx

For what it's worth, if you do end up having to replace the actual strut assemblies (which you may have to eventually one way or another), I would be very leery going with any of the Chinese, less expensive ones. I recently had some of those installed, the front pair, and both are defective. Just throwin' that out there! Good luck, hope you figure out what's wrong!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,152 Posts
Faulty air suspension does not by itself disable the AWD or the DSC systems, but a bad wheel speed sensor will disable the EAS system, along with ABS and DSC systems. If your spinning one wheel your ABS system is inactive at least. Usually when a wheel speed sensor fails the truck lowers to some height between normal and access and all three height display lights go off and you get a lowering vehicle message on the dash. Since you have an issue with one specific wheel, check the wheel speed sensor (which you may not be able to pull out without destroying it - they rust into place over time) and make sure your wheel speed ring on the CV axle is not broken or full of rust and dirt.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
Does inactive air suspension also disable the awd system?
Two completely different system EAS is all a bunch of electronics and the air compressor and bladders.

AWD is strictly mechanical engine power goes through the transmission to the transfer case which powers the rear driveline and front driveline

If you are spinning tyres your traction control is obviously failing.

I would suggest getting yourself some compatible diagnostic equipment so you can find out what you various problems are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts