Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new here and looking for a little help

my l320 was sagging at front left corner. I replaced the air strut as I think it was leaking. I also replaced the compressor unit.

the front end of the vehicle doesn’t raise at all, constantly says ‘raising’ until the ‘vehicle will raise when system cooled’ message comes up

Is it likely that I also need to replace the valve block? I’m running out of ideas ... and money 😂

thanks in advance for any insights

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’m new here and looking for a little help

my l320 was sagging at front left corner. I replaced the air strut as I think it was leaking. I also replaced the compressor unit.

the front end of the vehicle doesn’t raise at all, constantly says ‘raising’ until the ‘vehicle will raise when system cooled’ message comes up

Is it likely that I also need to replace the valve block? I’m running out of ideas ... and money 😂

thanks in advance for any insights
Are you positive that when you connected the air lines there were no leaks? It sounds like you have a large leak if it's not pumping up at all. Personally, I would retrace your steps and ensure no leaks are present, then if none, either replace or rebuild the Front Valve Block. You can pick up an rebuild/o-ring kit fairly reasonable for them online (approx. $23). The kit I used was this one on Amazon. Amazon.com: LRNJ O-RINGS & SEALS REBUILD KIT FOR AIR SUSPENSION EAS VALVE BLOCK REPAIR COMPATIBLE WITH LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT L320 2005-2012 MODEL PART# LRNJEASVALVE: Automotive

What happens is the desiccant in the dryer assembly turns into a powder, then that fine powder gets into the valve block and keeps it from sealing.

You might even get lucky and just take it apart and clean it, but you might as well get the o-ring kit just in case any o-rings are hosed.

There are several videos on YouTube on removing them and rebuilding them.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Cheers

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX
15 Posts
Check your air reservoir for leaks. It's the cylindrical tank right below the driver's door. If that's not holding pressure, it's a problem. Those tanks rust out a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts