RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden today it took the range a solid 5 minutes to reach standard height from access.

It would not reach off road height at all, after 10 minutes of idling it didn't make it, but the display eventually just said it was in off road height.

Yesterday it would go from access height to standard in about 5 seconds, now its so slow... Anyone have a compressor that just suddenly stops performing well, or should I look toward the valve block?

·
Registered
120 Posts
When you turn off the truck, can you hear any hissing sounds from the suspension (it would be loud, like venting air from tire)? Any particular corner leaning more than the others? Any warning messages on the dash? Check air suspension fuses?

Get it to standard height and lock it there for now.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man-O-War said:
When you turn off the truck, can you hear any hissing sounds from the suspension (it would be loud, like venting air from tire)? Any particular corner leaning more than the others? Any warning messages on the dash? Check air suspension fuses?

Get it to standard height and lock it there for now.
The suspension itself isn't leaking... It holds its suspension height, it just takes forever for it to adjust. I just ran outside and set it for off road height again, it made it, but it took a solid 5 min. Everything worked fine 2 days ago, and now it's just super slow to adjust.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This morning the same issue, I ended up driving out for breakfast in access height, during the commute it finally reached standard height but it took about 10 min.

Once home I pulled the neg on the battery and removed the compressor. I unhooked the wiring harness and the air line. It didn't look like it was in rough shape at all. I cleaned the area very carefully and put everything back together and fired the truck up... The compressor ran for about a minute, since everything was all apart it was easy to hear the compressor running, normally its difficult to hear. I lowered it to access height, then pressed standard, it shot right up! Then the compressor ran for about 30 seconds... Again I lowered it to access, then raised to off road, it shot up to off road height from access inside 10 seconds.

I'm not too sure what I did, perhaps the air line from the compressor has always been kinked on the spare? Perhaps pulling the battery reset some computer code? I don't know, but the air suspension has never been faster at changing ride height.

I suggest if your rover takes more than 5 seconds going from access to standard you pull the compressor, clean everything, re-install, and see what happens.

·
Registered
205 Posts
brad s1 said:
This morning the same issue, I ended up driving out for breakfast in access height, during the commute it finally reached standard height but it took about 10 min.

Once home I pulled the neg on the battery and removed the compressor. I unhooked the wiring harness and the air line. It didn't look like it was in rough shape at all. I cleaned the area very carefully and put everything back together and fired the truck up... The compressor ran for about a minute, since everything was all apart it was easy to hear the compressor running, normally its difficult to hear. I lowered it to access height, then pressed standard, it shot right up! Then the compressor ran for about 30 seconds... Again I lowered it to access, then raised to off road, it shot up to off road height from access inside 10 seconds.

I'm not too sure what I did, perhaps the air line from the compressor has always been kinked on the spare? Perhaps pulling the battery reset some computer code? I don't know, but the air suspension has never been faster at changing ride height.

I suggest if your rover takes more than 5 seconds going from access to standard you pull the compressor, clean everything, re-install, and see what happens.
how bout a detailed DIY on this ?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure

shut rover off
unlock doors and open tail gate
wait 5 min
pull neg on battery
pull out spare wheel
unbolt 4 bolts holding compressor in