RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have 2005 HSE. Sometimes on startup it displays no error then as I drive away the triangle blinks and the wheels lock until it goes into inactive mode. It is very dangerous because I can be driving down the road and the error happens within a min of driving. I am also getting dsc inactive error brake abs and hdc inactive. The steeering angle sensor has been replaced but sometimes shows out of range error. It seems it’s trying to reset but the fault reappears. Is possibly the abs module. I have no communication dtc on my i930 scanner and do anyone think the sensor needs calibration. It’s out 190 degrees when the wheel is straight. Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes you need to first recalibrate the steering angle sensor. I bet if you were to scan the abs computer you will get a steering angle plausibility fault. It is internally questionning why the wheels are reporting straight but the steering is crooked. Then it locks up and you get all the xmas lights. Dont replace anything til you recalibrate. Did you have it serviced at a shop? If so they should have recalibrated it, not just reset. Should be 0 degree when steering wheel is straight with all wheels straight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts