Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lots of trouble with the Electronic Air Suspension system, i replaced the airbags with traditional coil springs and shocks...everything worked very well, there is no difference in the performance of the vehicle.. however, i am getting an error message that reads "Air suspension inactive" is there any way to clear this code?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
For the early 2003-2005 models, I think Arnott says there is currently no solution. I suppose it *may* be possible to create a device you could plug into the OBDII diagnostic port which constantly polls and clears the air suspension faults so they don't show up in the display? That would take quite a bit of effort, and I don't think anyone has tried that yet... and even if you did, I think it might be worse because you would always keep hearing the ding each time it comes up (since it can't be cleared until it has registered first).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Actually the air suspension is fairly simple, it just has some rather expensive parts, so I can't see myself ever converting to coils. I feel like that is part of what makes a RR different, and without it then I might as well drive an Escalade! I've even had some pretty hefty repair costs for non-air suspension on other trucks in my day. Fancy/heavy duty parts are usually more money.

OK, that is a bit unfair, the Escalade (without massive after market customization) probably wouldn't survive lots of off road activities which the RR can do in its sleep.... but maybe a Jeep (certain models are reasonably capable from the factory) or something would be more comparable (just really small and no frills).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for nothing morons...if i wanted to join a circle jerk about how great range rovers are i would have gone to a dealership and listened to the bs they try to pitch about how they are reliable, ect, ect... fact is that range rover consitently gets voted as the LEAST reliable car by JD power and associates.

Anyways, if anyone has anything helpful regarding the clearing of the "air suspension inactive" message, please let me know....the rest of you boners enjoy your circle jerk.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
mrgonzales22 said:
thanks for nothing morons...if i wanted to join a circle jerk about how great range rovers are i would have gone to a dealership and listened to the bs they try to pitch about how they are reliable, ect, ect... fact is that range rover consitently gets voted as the LEAST reliable car by JD power and associates.

Anyways, if anyone has anything helpful regarding the clearing of the "air suspension inactive" message, please let me know....the rest of you boners enjoy your circle jerk.
You sure know how to ask for help dont you. :thumb:

Perhaps a mod could delete this entire thread??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get a grip....if you read the very first post, i did ask for help...i asked a very straightforward question. And what did i recieve in return? "put the air suspension back on" "it is superior", all kinds of ridiculous, unrelated rants. I ASKED A SPECIFIC QUESTION, NOT FOR PEOPLES OPINION ON THE PROS and CONS of coil/springs vs air suspension. So, my suggestion would be that if you dont have an answer to the question i asked, then dont reply as i could give a SH*T about their useless opinions.

UNDERSTAND? GOOD. now, either answer my question if you have the answer or move the F*CK on and stop wasting my time.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
mrgonzales22 said:
get a grip....if you read the very first post, i did ask for help...i asked a very straightforward question. And what did i recieve in return? "put the air suspension back on" "it is superior", all kinds of ridiculous, unrelated rants. I ASKED A SPECIFIC QUESTION, NOT FOR PEOPLES OPINION ON THE PROS and CONS of coil/springs vs air suspension. So, my suggestion would be that if you dont have an answer to the question i asked, then dont reply as i could give a SH*T about their useless opinions.

UNDERSTAND? GOOD. now, either answer my question if you have the answer or move the F*CK on and stop wasting my time.
And I told you a way to get the message to go away....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you are right...that is my mistake...I assumed that you were intelligent enough to understand what it was that i was asking. I will never overestimate your itelligence again. In addition to your suggestion, i could also burn the car to the ground, that would also get rid of the messasge..., but neither suggestion is really what i was looking for now are they? great suggestion jerkoff, get a life.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Heh, for what its worth I just checked the JD Power "studies" and the RR actually has "average" reliability. Not great, not the worst, just average. Every vehicle I've ever owned has had problems (even very frustrating recurring ones). My 1978 Ford Thunderbird was probably the most reliable of the bunch (go figure, things were so simple back then).

JD Power seems rather secretive about what they base the "dependability" ratings on, but Edmunds.com (which bases its data on real data from repair shops, dealers, warranty claims, etc, not heavily weighted by subjective voting/surveys which I think JD Power uses) give RR high ratings actually... nearly 9/10 overall depending on which year and the average annual cost to repair is very comparable to most other large luxury SUV vehicles. You can certainly have expensive stretches, but overall it really does average out, otherwise there is no way the companies providing the service contracts/extended warranty programs would be able to charge reasonable rates.

AND, I did suggest an alternate solution to turning off the message... I just don't know if it would work or not because I'm not sure what the timing is on the warning message/chime, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
mrgonzales22 said:
you are right...that is my mistake...I assumed that you were intelligent enough to understand what it was that i was asking. I will never overestimate your itelligence again. In addition to your suggestion, i could also burn the car to the ground, that would also get rid of the messasge..., but neither suggestion is really what i was looking for now are they? great suggestion jerkoff, get a life.
Maybe no one is offering you constructive help because this topic has been covered before, perhaps you're so intelligent you dont need to use the search function, but for the rest of us lower mortals we find it a great use to prevent repeat posts.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
email to member

"I am not sure what history you have on the web and other forums, however your language and attitude is entirely inappropriate for rangerovers.net.
I suggest you read the forum rules and guidelines as well as learning where the search button is."

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
email from member

"Admin...
i will no longer be visting rangerovers.net at any time in the future. While I initially thought that the rangerovers.net forum may be a useful place to get answers from other ranger rover owners expiriencing similar problems, i found the forum to be filled with blowhards that have nothing better to do than provide useless, sarcastic answers to my serious question. I have neither the time nor desire to spend time in a forum filled with creepy, weirdos that get their rocks off by providing useless, sarcastic, assinine answers. I will also take this oppurtunity to formally request that my account along with any and all corresponding information (i.e. email address [email protected]) be deleted from your database immediatley. If, at any time in the future I recieve any correspondence from rangerovers.net or any of its affiliated entities you will be immediatley contacted by my attorney.

Matt Gonzales"

Topic moved to formal warnings, account deactivated

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
email to member

"I am sorry you have had a negative experience on our site. We take a stern view of foul language and less than friendly attitudes on our site. Due to the nature of your posts your account has been deactivated and your comments moved out of site of the general membership."

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
mrgonzales22 said:
If, at any time in the future I recieve any correspondence from rangerovers.net or any of its affiliated entities you will be immediatley contacted by my attorney.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Retards like these are the reason why my satnav won't allow me to enter a destination on the move here in North America.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
How very VERY true! Even better yet was a copy and paste job he did to "[email protected]" I had my email forwarded to another account while I was out. I responded that I would be happy to delete his account once I returned home. Apparently he received a rather pointed go screw yourself email from someone on the board afterwards. He copied the text of the email to the header of my email and said "please handle this situation immediatley."

What a goober! If this were in the Sport section I'd think it was MO on a new year's eve hunt. :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts