RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum members, I recently purchased a 2005 Range Rover HSE. Giverney Green, with Aspen Interior. I'm really happy with the truck. In the last couple of weeks or so, it has thrown up the "Air Suspension Inactive" message a few times. It tends to come on, lock the dif in standard height for anywhere from 10-45 mins and then the message goes away and it unlocks. While locked the truck will still level itself and there are no other messages coming up. The dealer thinks it could be the battery, but obviously there a lot of other things it could be as well. I have done numerous searches on this issue on the forum and read most if not all of the posts. I will take the truck in soon and have it fixed, but thought there was no harm in seeing what people think first. As the truck is currently showing this message, I thought I would go through the info on the screen to see what it was showing. When you put the nav screen over to the off road info screen that shows the status of the ride height and wheels etc. it currently shows standard height, but on the graphic with the wheels, it shows the right front wheel below the other three. This is only on the screen. The actual wheel is where it's supposed to be! This is obviously not right and I thought if there was someone on here that might have some insight as to whether this can shed some light on a diagnosis? Sorry for being repetitive, but couldn't find any other posts with this extra bit of info.

Thanks in advance.
Jesse

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that sounds like a dying height sensor on that wheel. the ECU is smart enough to discount the bad reading and do geometry to figure out where the wheel is. a bad spot on the sensor will cause it to fault out, after a few self-checks it'll come back online.

watch the height screen when it'll let you raise/lower and see what the #'s do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts