RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I still own the Rangie and I'm close to 250k kilometers now.

The day before yesterday I got a warning on my dash saying 'air susp. inactive'. The car was stuck in normal drive height and the light to block the air suspension was on.

I plugged out the air compressor a few seconds and plugged it back in and now the control panel for the air suspension gives no light at all. It doesn't say in what position the car is and the light to block the suspension isn't on either. I still have the 'air susp. inactive' warning.

The buttons for the front and back heated window won't work either. I disconnect the battery for 2 minutes and these 2 buttons started working again. But now again, they don't work any more...

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the harness for the electricity for my trailer, as the air susp. get's blocked when I'm towing a trailer...

Any ideas? Especially why there are no control ligths on at all...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
my exp. with the air suspension is this:

if the error is on the dash the car tries to get to drive height and stay there and there is no way to reset this without clearing the code. the system stays in this mode until that air suspension error is cleared from the ecu.

My failures have both been the front air struts - you can actually hear the air leaking out of the front suspension air bags and see the cracks in them if you peak at them with a flashlight. The rig rides in normal ( all but the bad bladder corner) and i have to reset the eas error code before it will respond to button pushed, etc. I have used a jack to get the front up higher in the past as it seems the leaks are most severe at the "entry/access" position. Jack up the leaking air bag corner and let the system stbalize and quite frequently it at least gets me off the bump stops until i get the arnotts in :)

JH

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I get this warning I tend to just ignore it and in a day or 2 it clears itself anyway. If not I take it in and have them clear it with the computer, but it will still come back once every month or three. Its not a real issue in my opinion unless you really need to lift the Rover for offroading. I have previously replaced sensors and one air spring but I still get the warning now and again. I think speed bumps can set it off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I recenty hit a kerb really hard amd the next day got the "AIR SUSPENTION INACTIVE" alarm.

Took it to my local freindly 4X4 specialites who reset a "camber" alarm code, which cured the problem. :thumb:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys!

It just concerns me that the control lights of the air suspension on the center console are all out...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tim_Holland said:
Thanks for the replies guys!

It just concerns me that the control lights of the air suspension on the center console are all out...
I have had various issues with the EAS but never did all the lights go out. It might be due to you disconnecting the compressor, and worth having the dealer run a test on their terminal.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
my air suspension inactive also came on. rides still good, but no control of bags. turned out to be overheating compressor, relay and software upgrade. around $1000 fix

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got the same problem as you today Tim, just air suspension inactive in screen and no orange lights on the control switch.. also my front and rear heated screen buttons stopped working.. did you manage to work out why they buttons dont work anymore?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts