RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am seeing the Air Suspension inactive message, I can clear it with All Comms, but it returns immediately.

The fault reads "Reserviour pressure static when filling". I have checked for leaks. The car holds its height over night fine, and I replaced the front two bags 2 years back.

I can hear the compresor switch on and off, its not any noiseier than it has ever been and it rides at the correct height.

Any thoughts as to a method for troubleshooting the culprit? I am thinking a new compressor, but like I said the existing one seems to work. Don't want to throw parts at it :-/

Thanks RS

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
3 Posts
I had the same error message! I just replaced the fuse and problem solved!
It is worth the try!

Jay

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
67 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 2005 L322 RR that would allow me to clear the "Reservoir pressure static when filling" with Allcoms, but it would return after a few weeks. I experienced no sagging at the shocks which I checked by measuring the wheel well height at each wheel in the evening and then before the truck was used.

After clearing and running the car for a bit, I could adjust the heights as required. I assume this allowed time for enough pressure to build up. I ended up rebuilding the air compressor rebuild kit, and all is working well now, but the error was returning within 1-2 weeks of it being cleared. Parts were from the UK so after conversion rate it ended up being approximately $50.

I would have liked to run a proper diagnostic to check compressor strength before and after, but the only specs for fill time I could find were from completely empty, and I don't think my allcoms would provide that command. Regardless, following this replacement, I have had no repeat issues. Suspension responds correctly, but the rebuild is only a month old.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got around to rebuilding the Compressor, I ordered a kit which included the teflon coated piston ring, and installed per the manufacturers instructions, and it worked ok. For about a week.

Now I am getting other faults, 1) high pressure exhaust valve failed 2) high pressure exhaust valve supply fault 3) Air Compressor Temperature Rises When Air Compressor Inactive.

It appears this may be a compounded problem.

If the compressor relay fails, and continues to run the compressor, will it cause fault 3? Any idea where it is located?

Also I have looked in RAVE for the pressure relief valve, can't seem to locate it? Only shows the pressure sensor located at the end of the reservoir. Any ideas where it is?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Rock star you need a new compressor... That is all. The kit did not do the job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts